Question Power button on Thermaltake chaser mk-1 doesn't work when PC gets shutdown

Jan 1, 2020
Hi all, in desperate need of assistance. I've currently got a Thermaltake Chaser Mk-1 case that I've had for a number of years, going on 5-6 years and I've started to have problems with the power button on top of the case. It worked perfectly fine for a long time and then over the past 6-12 months it's slowly gotten worse and worse to the point I have to put my PC in hibernation everyday because if I shut down my PC, I can't turn it back on with a simple press of the button it takes multiple tries and sometimes I can't get it back on at all. Just wondering if anyone has anything to aid me with this problem, whether that means buying a new case or fixing something internally in the PC, just want to be able to turn off my PC without the fear of never turning her on again. Thankyou

My specs are as follows:
CASE: Thermaltake MK-I Chaser
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @3.50GHz
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 4GB
MOBO: Asus Z97-A
MEM: G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series DDR3 1600 (2 x 8GB)
SSD: Samsung 250GB EVO
HDD: Western Digital WD Black 2TB
Western Digital WD Green 2TB

Windows 10 Home

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Go into you BIOS and turn on wake on USB input, that will keep one or all your USB ports on all the time. You can then wake from sleep/hibernate by using your mouse and keyboard. Since you have a separate power/reset switch you can also go into the Bios and change what they do. You can then make the reset switch power off on a long hold or reset with a tap. You do also have a power button located on the motherboard so refer to your manual.https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z97A/HelpDesk_Manual/