Question Power requirements - A520i AC rev.1.4

Feb 24, 2024
Hello,

I have a compact computer I'm using to run game servers. I used to run a P8H61-i with an i7 3770, 16gb ram. The computer runs using a 1U 200w PSU, and that motherboard required the 24pin + 4pin power.
I had a Ryzen 7 5700G laying around, so I decided to upgrade MOBO and ram.
I bought the Gigabyte A520i AC rev 1.4, and this MOBO has the 24pin + 8pin power.

My question is as follows: the PC runs and boots with the 4 pin power, but I have had two unattended crashes+reboot where in Windows event viewer, the only errors and criticals I can find are related to my game server software. Could it be caused by an underpowered PSU?

The Ryzen 7 5700G is a 65w tdp, and there is no GPU in this computer. I have one SATA SSD, and 16gb DDR4 RAM, so I don't see how we are even getting close to 200w power usage.

Lutfij

Titan
I used to run a P8H61-i with an i7 3770, 16gb ram. The computer runs using a 1U 200w PSU
How old is the PSU in your build/server? Make and model of the unit?

My question is as follows: the PC runs and boots with the 4 pin power, but I have had two unattended crashes+reboot where in Windows event viewer, the only errors and criticals I can find are related to my game server software. Could it be caused by an underpowered PSU?
If the PSU doesn't have the necessary connectors for your build, you eitehr have;
1| The wrong PSU for your build
or
2| The wrong parts for the build(not the PSU)

Did you reinstall the OS when you did the platform swap? BIOS version for your motherboard?