Power requirements for dual r9 390s

Jun 5, 2015
Hi everyone i currently have a 750 watt 80 plus bronze psu and a r9 390 by msi. I was wondering if i got a second 390 later if my current psu would be enough. I used a psu calculator i found and it seems to look like it will work but i just wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Each 390 can easily consume 300+ watts under load and that together with your cpu and other parts will max out a 750 easily. You can't run a power supply at maximum load. The bottom line is that AMD video cards are very bad power hogs and that's just the way they are. You might be able to get away with 850 watts if it is a top quality power supply but 1KW is still recommended.
Jun 5, 2015
Thanks for the reply, my cpu is an intel xeon 1231 v3. I used this website
http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator and it told me that a 390 CF would recommend me to have a 740watt psu. Is this weabsite incorrect?

Each 390 can easily consume 300+ watts under load and that together with your cpu and other parts will max out a 750 easily. You can't run a power supply at maximum load. The bottom line is that AMD video cards are very bad power hogs and that's just the way they are. You might be able to get away with 850 watts if it is a top quality power supply but 1KW is still recommended.

Solution