Power Supply doesn't suck it blows

cellbiogeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This might sound insanely stupid but my power supply fans are blowing into my case rather than sucking air out of it (I have an Enermax 330watt PS). Is there anyway to change this or do I need to get a replacement. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You could try taking the entire PS out of your computer and taking it apart to reverse the fans. Please make sure it is not plugged into the wall. And don't change anything except the direction of the fan.

seanmcne

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It also depends on how your case came. If it came with the power supply like that I would probably leave it. Some cases are made like that for better cooling.
Good luck!
-=-Sean-=-

jclw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have an Enermax 330W as well (EG351P-VE) and the fans blow out. If it is the same model it should have temperature sensitive fan speed control so sometimes the fans don't push much air and it's hard to tell which way they are blowing.

If you are sure it's sucking in take it back and ask for a new one.

G

I wish that the Enermax power supplies had an option to set a minimum fan speed. It seems odd to have two fans there not pushing any air so that I have to install an additional fan in my case to maintain decent air circulation. Unless there is some reason to not cool the power supply down "too much" then it would seem to make sense to have an adjustment or a "on" position so that you could use the power supply fans as case fans like I used to.

G

As my chemistry teach always said, "It is physically impossible to suck, air can only be pulled."

pill128

Take your Pill, and get some sleep.