Feb 6, 2014
Hello, here is my build:
ryzen 3600 stock
msi b450 carbon AC
2 ssd (232 and 476 gb)
2 4tb hdd
no drives
16gb 3600mhz ram

So I finally upgraded my gtx 780 to a MSI Gaming z Trio 3080 but I seem to lack the psu cables.
my psu is the EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G+ but i only seem to have two 6+2 pin pcie connectors despite having 4 gpu power slots on my psu.
What choice do i have? is there any way to get by? do i buy a third cable? or do i absolutely need to upgrade my psu. power calculators online suggest that i could get by on the 650w i have now...

How Old Is Your PSU and also you should be able to connect your psu to GPU looking at the cables you get with your PSU. Also website rec 750W PSU but 650W might work but your choice if you like to buy brand new PSU and such.

https://images.evga.com/products/gallery//png/220-G2-0650-Y2_XL_3.png

220-G2-0650-Y2_XL_3.png

Last edited:
I got the PSU in September 2019. The image you have seems to be right. there are only two 6+2 pcie connected with vga written on them. I dont seem to have a way of getting a third?

Yeah on website says this below but think with the New GPU think you should get alteast 850W PSU because if your PSU now did not come with the cables to connect the 3080 then would not risk it because you have enough to power 2 socket GPU but this GPU has 3 Sockets!. But do wait for other people to replay to this thread before making a choice
Graphics Card Power Connectors3 x 8-pin PCIe

Last edited:
my psu is the EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G+ but i only seem to have two 6+2 pin pcie connectors despite having 4 gpu power slots on my psu.
That PSU has 4 PCI-e connectors on 2 daisey chained cables. Just use one cable ith 2 connecrors and the other cable one connectors with one connector hanging to nothing.
Because of the ACRF platform the EVGA G+ is not a very good PSU for a 3080 btw.