Power supply, Graphics card help

kobello

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
Recently had a power supply fail. Will an Antec 550 watt BP550 Plus be fine to use with my XFX 1GB 7770, i5 3570k ivy bridge, gigabyte Z77-D3H? I ordered a 600 watt corsair but the person who I paid to install gave it back to me with this Antec power supply in it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

kobello

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012

It's a bit of a story. I brought my machine to this person after it turned off and would not turn back on. I told them I thought it was the power supply. Two hours later I was told my power supply was fine. They said they fixed a problem in bios. This didn't make sense to me, but I'm not the one getting paid to work on computers. I played a game for about an hour when it turned off again. This time it was definitely the power supply, I smelled burnt wires. I told him to get me a new 600 watt which I saw he had at one point. For whatever reason he installed this Antec instead. I only paid 30 dollars for the power supply and installation since he missed the failing power supply when I gave it to him to fix the first time. I feel like I got screwed since I paid him for two hours worth of work and 30 more for this PSU and installation, but it's paid for now.

kobello

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012

I just called him. He said he didn't install the Corsair because the wires weren't long enough to reach my video card. Would've been nice to know rather than find out on my own.

Anyway, thanks for the help.