Question Power supply is behaving weird, PC turns on but after shutdown it doesn't!

Oct 15, 2022
So, I recently bought a used 750w power supply for a cheap price. I didn't need this much power but still it was a good deal. I paired it with my pc it was running smoothly but yesterday my pc wasn't turning on, so with the help of youtube I tested the power supply by shorting the motherboard cable and the psu was running . Then, I connected it with my pc again and it turned on but when I shut down the pc it wasn't turning on again. So, I removed the cables and connected it again it powers on once or twice at max then it doesn't turn on again. So, I connected my pc to another psu which is very low powered and doesn't come close to this psu, and the pc was running smoothly on it. I should mention my pc currently doesn't have a gpu installed.

The Power Supply in question: Cooler Master MWE 750 V2 80+ Bronze
My setup:
Ryzen 3 3200g
Gigabyte s2h b450m ultra durable
4+4 2666mhz Ram
240 gb ssd + 1tb Hard disk

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022
You usually get what you pay for. Especially for psu's. You didn't mention what your pc setup is.
In idle mode my pc doesn't even take 100w of power, the Power supply has still have 4 years warranty left, that's why I bought it. But they will take at least 2 weeks to replace the psu. I've added my setup in the post.

Bronze 230v eu
That's a cheap one anyway. Must be almost for free when you got it used.
also there's 80+ bronze rating!
It only tells you something about the efficiency of the unit, nothing about quality and protections. MWE Bronze V2 230v EU is a budget unit with very basic input filtering for 200-240v mains only.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead