Power Supply Switch on

Jul 13, 2018
Hello.

Today I was trying to plug in a second Hard drive to my PC. By doing that I had to plug in and out many cables on the Motherboard in order to find the best position for all the cables (Cable Management can be really frustrating). However, afterwards I realized that the Power supply was plugged in and the power supply switch was left at ON.
The pc works fine right now, but I am curious so I wanted to ask if there is a possibility of anything getting damaged by this procedure.

Thanks for the upcoming answers ^^

Solution
A possibility? Yes. Probability? No. Done it many times myself.
Since there's always live circuits on the motherboard (and elsewhere) when the PSU is ON, you obviously wouldn't want to drop anything conductive on the board or touch something there with your bare skin, but if one is careful, it is OK. And since all started and ran, I'd say quit worrying.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
A possibility? Yes. Probability? No. Done it many times myself.
Since there's always live circuits on the motherboard (and elsewhere) when the PSU is ON, you obviously wouldn't want to drop anything conductive on the board or touch something there with your bare skin, but if one is careful, it is OK. And since all started and ran, I'd say quit worrying.

Solution