Question Powercolor fighter rx 6600 maximum temperature on gaming?

May 2, 2023
Where can i know how much the maximum temperature is for the powercolor fighter rx 6600? Do you know how much the maximum temperature should be?

Colif

Win 11 Master
What temperatures are you getting?

this shows 70c in games with hotspot of 82c. I think max hotspot is 110c

this shows temps after 30 minutes stress test - https://overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/powercolor_amd_radeon_rx_6600_fighter_review/19

May 2, 2023
What temperatures are you getting?

this shows 70c in games with hotspot of 82c. I think max hotspot is 110c

this shows temps after 30 minutes stress test - https://overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/powercolor_amd_radeon_rx_6600_fighter_review/19
i get 78 to 79 degrees celsius in gaming. What does hotspot mean? So should 82 degree celsius be the maximum on the rx 6600?

Nope, 82 is not the max temp value for this card. It's 110c after which the GPU will throttle back to return to a normal operating temp.

GPU hotspot is actually the warmest sensor on the graphics board's die. This can be found in various sections of the graphics unit and varies from card to card, and it's the hottest reported sensor on the PCB/board.

AMD says junction temp is fine up to 110.

May 2, 2023
Nope, 82 is not the max temp value for this card. It's 110c after which the GPU will throttle back to return to a normal operating temp.

GPU hotspot is actually the warmest sensor on the graphics board's die. This can be found in various sections of the graphics unit and varies from card to card, and it's the hottest reported sensor on the PCB/board.

AMD says junction temp is fine up to 110.
okay. But i can on msi afterburner for example put the fan speed higher for years without problems, right?

okay. But i can on msi afterburner for example put the fan speed higher for years without problems, right?
Hello, sorry for the delay (slept yesterday). Yes, you can use MSI AB tool to create any custom FAN curve/profile, or just manually ramp up the fan speeds to your liking, depending on the GPU temp value. 70-80c temp value can be considered as normal when the GPU's load is high while gaming or doing some other tasks.

I cannot say for sure the lifespan of the GPU's fan, as how many years the GPU will work properly, but PowerColor's cooling fan utilizes two-ball bearing technology, which increases the longevity of the fans by up to 4 times. So you should be good to go.

It all depends on the load and usage on the GPU. You told you are getting 79c in gaming ? And what's the fan speed at this particular temp ? How is the airflow inside your ATX cabinet ? How many front and rear intake/exhaust fans are installed on the case ?

Also, make a note that you don't always have to spin the fans when the GPU is in idle mode, while browsing and doing other simple chores. Because your GPU model also has a FAN STOP 0db technology.

PowerColor calls it as "Mute Fan Technology" which turns off the fan when the GPU temp is below 60℃, hence providing silent gaming during medium and low load while reducing power consumption as well.

What are your FULL PC specs ? Which power supply are you using for this GPU ?

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Maybe i try it in summer (7 months time). I had it running on 2070 but I let 7900xt do its own thing. So some times its 48c and others its 35c. Probaby runs fans until it gets a certain temp and then turns them off again.

I originally thought that since I am running the OC profile on my card, the fans are always running or are meant to be - I often see the radeon software report fans are off. Currently off now.

I was using Fan Control to run GPU fans before, its what doesn't work with AMD GPU. I was wrong.

Last edited: