Powercolor Shows its Radeon HD 7970 X2 Devil13

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
When are we going to get the 7870 X2? I still remember the 6870 X2 that allowed triple 6870s (one standard, one X2) in CF, which ran in circles around the 590 and the 6990.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]jamessneed[/nom]I'm fairly sure it is not breaking the PCIe 300w compliance. See those 3 power connectors on the side? The extra power is not being drawn from the PCIe slot.[/citation]
I think the PCIe slot itself only provides 75W. Then, a 6-pin connector can provide an extra 75W and a 8-pin can provide 150W.

cmi86

Distinguished
I really want to see the performance numbers between this and the 690. Nividia had many months to develop kelper to be better than tahiti and it BARELY beats tahiti. I honestly think the 3rd party mfg's are just making this X2 to appease to hardcore red team guys. In the AMD house I bet there is a 7990 brewing that will desimate all that nvidia loves. just a guess.

[citation][nom]hotsacoman[/nom]It doesn't matter. The 690 availability borders on non-existence, not unlike the 680. AMD is readying their refreshes, which is much more important to the bottom line.[/citation]

IMO nvidia can sell more 690 if they want to but personally i think nvidia turns more 690 into tesla K10 since the profit are bigger lol.

btw i know many were hoping this thing will be cheaper than 690 but i heard the rumors that this beast are going to cost around 1200. based on that price this card will be on the same league as asus mars series

zeratul600

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Man i wish someone sell me one of this that did fell of the truck for 30 $ to please some weird chemical addiction! JUNKIES where are you?

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]vmem[/nom]I wonder if it'll play nice xfire with my single 7970...[/citation]

Crossfire works on two or more cards with very similar or identical performance to work....so no I don't think so.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]Crossfire works on two or more cards with very similar or identical performance to work....so no I don't think so.[/citation]I recall someone manage to use 6870x2 + a 6870 in cross fire without prob. So if 7970X2 is treated as 7970 in crossfire pairing it with another 7970 for triple crossfire shouldnt be a prob. Micro-shuttering on 3 cards are better than 2.

f-14

Distinguished
how do you cross fire this beast with the shroud of the lower card in the way?
not that you'd need to, but i see the cross fire connector and i can not help but think what a render farm would do with these.
i'm also a little dismayed at the triple 8 pin power connectors, not that it's unreasonable, but jesus are the lights going to dim when you fire up the beast using this card! i'd almost be afraid the hand of god would reach out and slap any one for trying to suck all the light out of the world (neighborhood) who gets a pair to run in cross fire.

ddr5

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Hello everyone who moschnye graphics card and who wants to зароботать money on a video card contact me my Skype nosferatum30001

Status
Not open for further replies.