[SOLVED] Powerline adapter stops recieving signal if I charge my notebook

Zackyy

Commendable
Apr 24, 2017
Yea, I've heard that using other devices may cause signal interference. Is there a way to avoid this problem?
Every time I plug in my notebook charger and start charging, the signal stops and there is no wifi whatsoever.

My source adapter is on the 1st floor, plugged into a wall socket with other devices, such as TV, TV box, 2nd TV box, 3rd TV box, router and sound station. That already drops the signal from 40mbps to 10mbps on my reciever adapter, 2nd floor.

Adapter is Zyxel pla5206 v2

Solution
As you know POE products transmit data through the power lines of your house. If the electrical wiring isn’t ideal for POE it won’t be fast or stable, since the rate is mainly decided by the quality of power lines.

Many surge protectors can protect your electronic devices, but they also scramble powerline signals, limiting rate or even stopping POE signal altogether.
As you know POE products transmit data through the power lines of your house. If the electrical wiring isn’t ideal for POE it won’t be fast or stable, since the rate is mainly decided by the quality of power lines.

Many surge protectors can protect your electronic devices, but they also scramble powerline signals, limiting rate or even stopping POE signal altogether.

Solution

Zackyy

Commendable
Apr 24, 2017
It is possible that your interference is WIFI only. BUT it is more likely that the interference is on the powerline.
Definitely a powerline interference. For some reason the notebook charger just blocks the signal, no matter where it is positioned relative to the adapter.
I think the problem is mainly in the powerline architecture, so the house wasn't really suitable for such thing in the first place