Powerline and DL speed

Jan 23, 2019
Upgraded my powerline adaptors to get a 2nd ethernet port and to hopefully upgrade my download speeds off the powerline, however the speed is still the exact same as the previous powerline adaptor I had. Does this mean the issue lies with either my provider, my pc or my homes eletrical circuit? Some help to narrow down the issue would be great, happy to let it slide if its my home circuit but if its my PC or ISP I would like to fix it.

Thanks

Jan 23, 2019

Sorry only just been able to reply. Ethernet directly to my router gives the speed I pay for / get near on speed test websites. I run TP-Link TL-PA9020KIT 2-Port powerline adaptors. On the router side I have powerline in wall, 1 ethernet running from router to powerline. Upstairs I have the partner powerline, in wall, with 2 ethernets, 1 to the PC and 1 to my Xbox One. Funnily enough my PC still only downloads at max 2MB/s, whereas my xbox one downloads at around 9-20MBps which is what I pay for / get direct from my router. Any help on how to narrow down what may be causing my PC to limit my DL speed?

Jan 23, 2019

Oh boy I feel dumb. So yeah the xbox / PC run at similar speeds then, which must means its either my ISP or my Electrical wiring, and theres not much I can do about either is it?

Jan 23, 2019

Oh boy I feel dumb. So yeah the xbox / PC run at similar speeds then, which must means its either my ISP or my Electrical wiring, and theres not much I can do about either is it?