PowerSpot Transmitter Can Wirelessly Charge Devices Up To 80 Feet Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed. : 3

Also, powering something like a wireless gamepad or headphones from within 2 feet of the transmitter, confined to a 70 degree directional cone doesn't seem all that useful. If you're going to need to place higher-drain devices on a certain portion of your desk just to make sure they charge properly, how is that an improvement over something like a short-range charging pad? And at 10 feet, it sounds like you're mostly limited to charging low-powered devices like TV remotes, most of which could just as easily run on a AA battery for years. The same goes for things like temperature or security sensors at longer distances, and I would question the reliability of a security system reliant on wireless power delivery. I'm sure there are some good uses for something like this, but I'm not all that convinced by the examples they provided.

hannibal

Distinguished
Yep... Start product. I teresting to see the radiation tests... compared to normal WLAN router. If it is in same gategory, fine. If it has larger power, hmmm. Do you wanna see how I clow In The dark ;)

torka

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
Its nice to see that someone can finally start producing something that Nikola Tesla invented a hundred years ago, without being silenced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS