PowerToys

Hello,
I recently downloaded 'Image Resizer', one of PowerToys tools, from
Microsoft's website. For some reason this program did not work. Has any
one tried this program yet?

Many thanks.

Kent

peter

It doesn't appear when you right-click an image stored in your PC?

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"Kent Shih" <kentshih@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I recently downloaded 'Image Resizer', one of PowerToys tools, from
> Microsoft's website. For some reason this program did not work. Has any
> one tried this program yet?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Kent

Hi Kent,

That PowerToy adds a context-menu entry named "Resize Pictures" for image
files. If that option does not appear, type these commands in Start/Run:

regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
regsvr32 phototoys.dll

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Kent Shih" <kentshih@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I recently downloaded 'Image Resizer', one of PowerToys tools, from
> Microsoft's website. For some reason this program did not work. Has any
> one tried this program yet?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Kent

the menu does appear. But when I choose a size (eg. 800x600), it doesn't do
anything to the photo or create a copy with the specified size. What's
going on here?

Thank you.

Kent

> Hi Kent,
>
> That PowerToy adds a context-menu entry named "Resize Pictures" for image
> files. If that option does not appear, type these commands in Start/Run:
>
> regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
> regsvr32 phototoys.dll
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Kent Shih" <kentshih@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> I recently downloaded 'Image Resizer', one of PowerToys tools, from
>> Microsoft's website. For some reason this program did not work. Has any
>> one tried this program yet?
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> Kent

Kent,

No idea. But, investigate if a shell extension is blocking this function.
Try ShellExView:

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

> the menu does appear. But when I choose a size (eg. 800x600), it doesn't
> do anything to the photo or create a copy with the specified size. What's
> going on here?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Kent

>> Hi Kent,
>>
>> That PowerToy adds a context-menu entry named "Resize Pictures" for image
>> files. If that option does not appear, type these commands in Start/Run:
>>
>> regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
>> regsvr32 phototoys.dll
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Kent Shih" <kentshih@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>> I recently downloaded 'Image Resizer', one of PowerToys tools, from
>>> Microsoft's website. For some reason this program did not work. Has
>>> any one tried this program yet?
>>>
>>> Many thanks.
>>>
>>> Kent

I realize that I'm jumping into someone else's thread...

Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
> Kent,
>
> No idea. But, investigate if a shell extension is blocking this
> function. Try ShellExView:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
That's fine, but how? I couldn't find any way to determine who might be
affecting whom...

Dusty
--
Remove STORE to reply

Follow the "Shellexview" part in that article, and you'll understand.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User