[SOLVED] Pre-Built Workstation Suggestion

runnerdude14

Commendable
Sep 4, 2017
Hey everyone,

I’m fairly experienced with assembling gaming desktops and home PCs, but never put together anything on the business side.

I’m pricing out a new machine for our office, and I wasn’t sure where the best prices are for high performance machines. I’m happy to assemble the machine, but I think in a work environment it would be best to come assembled with a warranty as the desktop will outlive my time in the office.

Some general specs are as follows, the range is what I plan to compare prices for. Low end to high end price gap for the man who will make the decision. Let me know if we should assemble in house or if there’s a site that won’t get us on prices.

Specs:

8-16 core processor: likely going with 8
64-128 gb ram. Quantity is more Important than speed (for the most part)
Graphics card to just run 2 1080p monitors
1tb+ HD, don’t care for SSD
Will run Windows or Linux
Needs optical drive
Needs WiFi

Let me now! Thanks, and if this isn’t the right place to post then let me know.

Solution
Personally, I like Dell. My job we use a lot of business class Dell systems. If purchasing new, they can seem pricey, but we usually get a 3 year warranty. When they are pulled from service it's usually because we are upgrading, not because of any breakdowns. Building one is ok, but I wouldn't recommend that in this case as you would be tech support. If you get a pre built, you can send back to the manufacturer for a fix.
Hey everyone,

I’m fairly experienced with assembling gaming desktops and home PCs, but never put together anything on the business side.

I’m pricing out a new machine for our office, and I wasn’t sure where the best prices are for high performance machines. I’m happy to assemble the machine, but I think in a work environment it would be best to come assembled with a warranty as the desktop will outlive my time in the office.

Some general specs are as follows, the range is what I plan to compare prices for. Low end to high end price gap for the man who will make the decision. Let me know if we should assemble in house or if there’s a site that won’t get us on prices.

Specs:

8-16 core processor: likely going with 8
64-128 gb ram. Quantity is more Important than speed (for the most part)
Graphics card to just run 2 1080p monitors
1tb+ HD, don’t care for SSD
Will run Windows or Linux
Needs optical drive
Needs WiFi

Let me now! Thanks, and if this isn’t the right place to post then let me know.
Your best bet is to talk with your VAR as they can take your specs and get quotes from multiple sources. Not to mention they might be able to get special pricing for you.

runnerdude14

Commendable
Sep 4, 2017
Your best bet is to talk with your VAR as they can take your specs and get quotes from multiple sources. Not to mention they might be able to get special pricing for you.

As far as I know we do not have one. I don’t have a contact for one locally... I’ll try to ask around though. We’re a fairly small company. I was told we purchased from ThinkMate in the past, but looking at their prices they seem to be limited.

Personally, I like Dell. My job we use a lot of business class Dell systems. If purchasing new, they can seem pricey, but we usually get a 3 year warranty. When they are pulled from service it's usually because we are upgrading, not because of any breakdowns. Building one is ok, but I wouldn't recommend that in this case as you would be tech support. If you get a pre built, you can send back to the manufacturer for a fix.

Solution