Pre-Order StarCraft II, Get Beta Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adroid

Distinguished
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]$59.99 I will wait til it inevitably goes on sale. $29.99 would be fine.[/citation]
don't hold your breath ~ it will probably be 30$ in 3 years from now

Im in the beta its fun

IronRyan21

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
Before any1 says that $59.99 is too much for 1/3 the game...... Wings of Liberty will have around 30 missions itself, same as starcraft original. I like what blizzard is doing here. We are gonna get a massive trilogy!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
The beta needs more people. Serious balancing issues right now and a lot of battlenet bugs that need working out. Pretty clever move by Gamestop. I'm sure this will attract a lot of customers and pad their quarterly numbers.

Teirdome

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
I really hate how obvious the signs of the Activision taint are with the price point, but I'm having a difficult time resisting this beta offer.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
$59.95 for a PC game that will be released in three parts, FU Activision/Blizzard, not happening here. Maybe one day when you release a Battle-Chest I will buy it.

G

Before everyone gets all wet please read the following taken from Gamestop...

Reserve StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and receive an invitation to the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty beta. Available online and in-store while supplies last. Once you recieve your Beta Code your order cannot be canceled.

miloo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
[citation][nom]rklein03[/nom]Or you can just go to Gamestop and drop 5 bucks for a deposit and never pick the game up.[/citation]

ha ~ that's what i m going to do today ~

Vestin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]$59.95 for a PC game that will be released in three parts (...)[/citation]
Dude... It's a bit more missions than the original Starcraft, but for a single race, so they can take their time with telling the story more. Also - it's not just cutscenes (which are INCREDIBLE, BTW) - it's also lots and lots of between-mission content; walking through the Hyperion, engaging in idle conversations, lots of things to interact with...
Oh, yeah - and the multiplayer on battle.net, challenges, achievements, all that.

[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]Maybe one day when you release a Battle-Chest I will buy it.[/citation]
Then again, to be honest - if you're viewing it as "just another game on the market", you're probably better off waiting a while.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]NegativeX[/nom]Orders can always be canceled... it's called a charge back.Banks/credit card companies don't care about a retailers policy when it comes to charge backs.[/citation]

That's also called illegal, considering chargebacks have to be substantiated. Initiating a chargeback simply to get around a retailer's return policy is not a smart move. Last time I checked, "I'm trying to work the store over so I can get the benefits of a special offer without actually buying the product" is not a legitimate reason to initiate a chargeback, and you are scum if you do.

drowned

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
I'll probably just play the pirated single player for a few years, then buy the collectors edition when it's 40 bucks.

I can't justify working 5.5 hours to pay for it otherwise.

gerohmygosh

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]rklein03[/nom]Or you can just go to Gamestop and drop 5 bucks for a deposit and never pick the game up.[/citation]
$5 for a beta and you won't pick it up there, but will somewhere else... You must really hate Gamestop.

Status
Not open for further replies.