Price Check - i5-2500k Bare Bones System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumpus

Reputable
May 1, 2015
Almost all of the new parts for my new PC build are on-order, so here are the parts I thought would be best to keep/sell all together - what should I ask for this?

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz - Socket 1155 LGA (Sandy Bridge)
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Z68 PCI-Express
(Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express)
Memory: 2x4gb DDR3 Corsair PC3-10700H (667mhz @ (9-9-9)
Cooler Master CPU Cooler & Fan (don't know the model but it was the biggest/baddest one Fry's sold)

Maybe including the old PSU too:
SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold SLI Ready CrossFire Ready

Case/GPU are staying for the new build

uKVOMRa.jpg

Older stuff... but entirely functional - probably good for a tween's first PC, including light gaming.

Solution

Just sell each seperatly. It's rare that someone would actually want to buy/is looking for such a bundle.

The 2500k can still sell for...

Just sell each seperatly. It's rare that someone would actually want to buy/is looking for such a bundle.

The 2500k can still sell for around 50$
The board for around 120$
Ram 40$ max
Psu 40$ would be fair.

Solution

Lumpus

Reputable
May 1, 2015
Hmmm... I thought it would be handier to just keep the CPU (w/cooler) on the MB.
Sometimes folks are looking for this sort of thing for their kids or school donation.
Also that MB value surprises me, but I did get a good one at the time - was intending to OC the hell out of this but never really got around to it.

You are always going to get less for a bundle. The thing is there are a LOT of cheaper cpu's for that socket out there but motherboards aren't so plenty so they tend to keep their value.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Keep the power supply unless you are going extreme on your next build. More than enough for a single GPU system.

Motherboard/CPU/RAM might be worth $150.

I can go get an entire i7-4770 with 8GB of memory with Windows and a 500GB drive for ~$320

There certainly might be people after that motherboard though to fix their own 2nd and 3rd gen systems with a failed board.

That board goes on ebay for around 110-140€ according to items sold.

Lumpus

Reputable
May 1, 2015
I already have a newer/better PSU waiting to go into the case.
Ok, sounds like I break it up for parts then :(

I suppose I could leave the cooler on the CPU... but then the buyer could verify it
/ok... what do I use to safely remove the CPU thermal compound?

Status
Not open for further replies.