Question Print black use color

b22222c

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2014
Hi, just buy an oki Mc563 color laser, good printer, came with toners, i print about 1200 pages in black, i have now the black toner with 10% but for my surprise the colors toners also have 20% left...
I print all in black, the pages print in black, no colors... Any idea?

Ralston18

Titan
This printer?

https://www.oki.com/printing/download/46590302EE2_MC563_UM_EN_115327.pdf

Are you using the original cartridges that came with the printer?

New printers often come with only 1/2 filled cartridges so the ink/toner can and does run empty quite quickly.

And some printers use colors even if printing black only. (You may need to really dig through the printer related documentation to determine if that is indeed true for your printer.)

The toner %'s displayed by the printer are often somewhat inaccurate and tend to read "low". That remaining 20% may last quite a number of additional pages.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

b22222c

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2014
Yes, is that printer. The question is that the color toners originals was at 100% before i print... So its like i print all the pages in color too... i will ask oki because this way the cost per page is very high... Thanks

Hi, just buy an oki Mc563 color laser, good printer, came with toners, i print about 1200 pages in black, i have now the black toner with 10% but for my surprise the colors toners also have 20% left...
I print all in black, the pages print in black, no colors... Any idea?

Are you printing true black/white or also shades? Color printers use the color inks in some black printing, although your use to only 20% does seem a bit much. Please update the post when you talk to the printer vendor, it's good information to have if you get a reply.

b22222c

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2014
Hi, they say to me that even if i choose to print in black in the program like word or pdf reader, the printer will count as color unless i enable one feature on print window that say to use only black on black prints... So i print more than 1000 black pages but the printer count as color and the color toners are almost down...
The option is on print window, advanced options and enable black prints as 100% black...
I dont know whats the logic of this being enable from factory...

Hi, they say to me that even if i choose to print in black in the program like word or pdf reader, the printer will count as color unless i enable one feature on print window that say to use only black on black prints... So i print more than 1000 black pages but the printer count as color and the color toners are almost down...
The option is on print window, advanced options and enable black prints as 100% black...
I dont know whats the logic of this being enable from factory...

That's actually a normal setting for printers, black and white is not really just printed using the black toner, they mix all 3 colors to make black or darker colors.
It's a bit hard on the users since it's a pretty hidden and unknown feature.

b22222c

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2014
After all that setting wont solve, i need to put black on standart options... This way on pdf if i want black i dont change any setting, if i want color, i change for color in pdf settings...