Sam

I have two computers running Windows XP Pro connected on a Home Network via
an SMC Router. An HP LaserJet 4 is connected to the print server on the SMC
Router. My problem is that everytime I print I get separator pages. I want
to disable this. Does anyone know how to do this?

Sam

Hi,
I think you have 'separator page' enabled on the printer. try following.
From the printer properties click on the Advanced tab
Here click on the Seperator page button and delete the entry from the text
box.
make sure the box is blank and save all the forms by clicking Apply or OK
buttons (whatever) applicable.
Now check if the problem is solved?

"Sam" wrote:

> I have two computers running Windows XP Pro connected on a Home Network via
> an SMC Router. An HP LaserJet 4 is connected to the print server on the SMC
> Router. My problem is that everytime I print I get separator pages. I want
> to disable this. Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> Sam

wonderboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002

Hello,
I had the same problem. When I added my printer I did not have a file *.SEP
as the seperator page. I got one anyway. So I added one, to have one to
delete. This did not work either.
thanx

"NileshKT" wrote:

> Hi,
> I think you have 'separator page' enabled on the printer. try following.
> From the printer properties click on the Advanced tab
> Here click on the Seperator page button and delete the entry from the text
> box.
> make sure the box is blank and save all the forms by clicking Apply or OK
> buttons (whatever) applicable.
> Now check if the problem is solved?
>
> "Sam" wrote:
>
> > I have two computers running Windows XP Pro connected on a Home Network via
> > an SMC Router. An HP LaserJet 4 is connected to the print server on the SMC
> > Router. My problem is that everytime I print I get separator pages. I want
> > to disable this. Does anyone know how to do this?
> >
> > Sam

To turn the seperator page off, go to the printers folder in the Control
panel. Right click on the printer, and select printing preferences. Click on
advanced, and next to banner sheet select and change to "disabled"

"wonderboy" wrote:

> Hello,
> I had the same problem. When I added my printer I did not have a file *.SEP
> as the seperator page. I got one anyway. So I added one, to have one to
> delete. This did not work either.
> thanx
>
> "NileshKT" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I think you have 'separator page' enabled on the printer. try following.
> > From the printer properties click on the Advanced tab
> > Here click on the Seperator page button and delete the entry from the text
> > box.
> > make sure the box is blank and save all the forms by clicking Apply or OK
> > buttons (whatever) applicable.
> > Now check if the problem is solved?
> >
> > "Sam" wrote:
> >
> > > I have two computers running Windows XP Pro connected on a Home Network via
> > > an SMC Router. An HP LaserJet 4 is connected to the print server on the SMC
> > > Router. My problem is that everytime I print I get separator pages. I want
> > > to disable this. Does anyone know how to do this?
> > >
> > > Sam

I am also having trouble with an extra (separator or banner) page being
printed after every print. I am printing to an epson printer through an smc
barricade.

The 'separator page" is not enabled on the printer->properties->Advanced
tab-> separator page. I too, tried to add and delete the separator page in a
failed attempt to get rid of it.

There is no 'banner sheet select' on the printer->printing
preferences->advanced page, so I can't change it to disabled.

I have not had this problem with my 98, my XP Home, or my XP Pro machines,
it is only and issue with my new XP media center 2005 machine.

Any other suggestions?

"sailingstu05" wrote:

> To turn the seperator page off, go to the printers folder in the Control
> panel. Right click on the printer, and select printing preferences. Click on
> advanced, and next to banner sheet select and change to "disabled"
>
> "wonderboy" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I had the same problem. When I added my printer I did not have a file *.SEP
> > as the seperator page. I got one anyway. So I added one, to have one to
> > delete. This did not work either.
> > thanx
> >
> > "NileshKT" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I think you have 'separator page' enabled on the printer. try following.
> > > From the printer properties click on the Advanced tab
> > > Here click on the Seperator page button and delete the entry from the text
> > > box.
> > > make sure the box is blank and save all the forms by clicking Apply or OK
> > > buttons (whatever) applicable.
> > > Now check if the problem is solved?

If you print to the LPD service on the SMC Barricade you may need to disable
this on the LPD service. If you connect using a Netware client check there
as well.

The banner page in XP is very simple and prints at the beginning of the
document.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team