[SOLVED] Printer not connecting to wireless networking after cctv installed

Jul 17, 2021
Hoping someone can help.

My neighbour has had some cctv cameras installed at their home and since then their printer can't connect to the wireless network. It doesn't find the network at all.

Any ideas? Is it something to do with duplicate IP address, and how can we fix it please?

The printer is a Canon MG6851 and the router is a BT Hub.

Thanks!

Solution
Hoping someone can help.

My neighbour has had some cctv cameras installed at their home and since then their printer can't connect to the wireless network. It doesn't find the network at all.

Any ideas? Is it something to do with duplicate IP address, and how can we fix it please?

Thanks!
If it doesn't find the network, it might be a WIFI channel problem. If the router is on "auto" it could have picked a channel the printer doesn't support. Try manual WIFI channel selection. 2.4Ghz should be 1, 6, or 11. Pick a channel below 50 for 5Ghz.

kanewolf

Titan
Hoping someone can help.

Thanks!
If it doesn't find the network, it might be a WIFI channel problem. If the router is on "auto" it could have picked a channel the printer doesn't support. Try manual WIFI channel selection. 2.4Ghz should be 1, 6, or 11. Pick a channel below 50 for 5Ghz.

Solution