Printhead for Canon i550

Tomek

Where can one get the replacement head for Canon i550? I couldn't find one
in stores.
TIA
Tomek

I think that the IP3000 is the current replacement for the i550. It is
better in that it is a full duplex printer with twin paper feeds. On
sale and with rebates I think the cost of a new IP3000 is less than the
cost of the printhead of the i550. And the enhance IP4000 probably is
within $10.00 of the cost of an i550 printhead and a set of cartridges.

It may not be cost justified to replace the printhead.

Tomek wrote:

>Where can one get the replacement head for Canon i550? I couldn't find one
>in stores.
>TIA
>Tomek

BURT

I've read posts that ebay is the place to look for good prices on
replacement Canon printheads, but Measekite is probably right - check the
prices - probably not cost effective. BTW, what is the problem? Are you
sure the head is dead? If jets are clogged you may be able to fix it
yourself. Check the print head cleaning information on
www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff if you think that is the problem.

Burt wrote:

> I've read posts that ebay is the place to look for good prices on
> replacement Canon printheads, but Measekite is probably right - check
> the prices - probably not cost effective. BTW, what is the problem?
> Are you sure the head is dead? If jets are clogged you may be able
> to fix it yourself. Check the print head cleaning information on
> www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff if you think that is the
> problem.
>
> "Tomek" <t.d.w@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Where can one get the replacement head for Canon i550? I couldn't
> > find one
> > in stores.
> > TIA
> > Tomek

www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff
invalid url

On Tue, 3 May 2005 00:05:43 -0400, "Tomek" <t.d.w@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Where can one get the replacement head for Canon i550? I couldn't find one
>in stores.
>TIA
>Tomek

I think you have to order it from Canon. The print head for the newer
(and sort of new) Canon printers isn't an over the counter item.

When you finally track one down, you might keel over at the price tag,
as it's about $75US (approx $105Cdn). For perspective, the typical
price tag of the iP3000 (Canon's current successor to the i550) is
$150Cdn, and you can still find i560s (the i550's immediate successor)
on the shelves for less than $100Cdn.

MCheu

MCheu wrote:

>On Tue, 3 May 2005 00:05:43 -0400, "Tomek" <t.d.w@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>>Where can one get the replacement head for Canon i550? I couldn't find one
>>in stores.
>>TIA
>>Tomek
>>

>I think you have to order it from Canon. The print head for the newer
>(and sort of new) Canon printers isn't an over the counter item.
>
>When you finally track one down, you might keel over at the price tag,
>as it's about $75US (approx $105Cdn). For perspective, the typical
>price tag of the iP3000 (Canon's current successor to the i550) is
>$150Cdn,

under $70 US but the IP4000 is a better value for $100.00 on sale with
rebate

>and you can still find i560s (the i550's immediate successor)
>on the shelves for less than $100Cdn.
>
>MCheu

BURT

Try this - http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html .It worked
for me.

Burt wrote:

> Try this - http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html .It
> worked for me.
>
> "Rein Wiehler" <rwiehler@netscape.net> wrote in message
> > Burt wrote:
> >
> >> I've read posts that ebay is the place to look for good prices on
> >> replacement Canon printheads, but Measekite is probably right -
> check >> the prices - probably not cost effective. BTW, what is the
> problem? >> Are you sure the head is dead? If jets are clogged you
> may be able >> to fix it yourself. Check the print head cleaning
> information on >> www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff if you think
> that is the >> problem.
> > >
> >> "Tomek" <t.d.w@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> couldn't >> > find one
> >> >

> > www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff
> > invalid url

thanks, it worked

Tomek

I found from Canon the printhead is $60 Cdn. (+tax). No 100% guarantee it
will fix the problem though. Add a set of cartridges ~$56 compatible, ~80
original, makes total of 116 to 140. I think I saw IP3000 for $149,
original cartridges included, probably best solution. Should last another 2
years or so ;-).

Thanks for all your input,
Tomek