Question Problem after bios update

Mar 23, 2020
Hey guys,

so just built a pc and updated my bios. After the bios updated and restarted it no longer recognized my ssd as a boot priority...so I can’t get into windows anymore.
any idea how I could fix it? The ssd is still recognized as you can see just not bootable from? BIOS Screen

any help would be greatly appreciate!

Mar 23, 2020
when you updated the BIOS it likey reset all settings back to default. have you tried changing the boot priority? you'll need to make the SSD the first option
If you take a look at the picture, it’s like bios knows there’s a ssd there but it no longer shows in the boot priority list.

i also tried reinstalling window/repairing windows didn’t work :(

UPDATE EDIT: after playing around in a thing called ’Boot from storage devices” I changed the mode to “UEFI” and now I can select my drive in the Boot Priority List.

now my question is, does this have any negative effects as I see some other settings are listed as “legacy only”?

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
If you take a look at the picture, it’s like bios knows there’s a ssd there but it no longer shows in the boot priority list.

i also tried reinstalling window/repairing windows didn’t work :(

UPDATE EDIT: after playing around in a thing called ’Boot from storage devices” I changed the mode to “UEFI” and now I can select my drive in the Boot Priority List.

now my question is, does this have any negative effects as I see some other settings are listed as “legacy only”?
UEFI is how it is supposed to be.
(and this has NOTHING to do with your monitor, as was mentioned above)