Oct 16, 2019
Hello Community!
I just recently build a new PC and have (depending on the device) very low USB transfer rates.
All tested devices were at least USB 3.0 and got tested with the same large ISO-File to prevent the transfer speed slowing down because of “small items”.
FYI: Mainboard is a Aorus X570 Ultra.

Tests and Results:

Very low transfer rates with “bursts”
-A new HDD Docking
-A 64Gb Kingston USB 3.0 Stick
Both devices started with ~ 50 Mb/s and rapidly falling. Then the rate will continue to burst from 16 Mb/s to 21 Mb/s (very strange behavior)

Good Results:
-A old HDD Docking (still USB 3.0)
-A brand new USB Stick with both Type C and A Port.
When loading from the PC to the Stick I get 60 Mb/s, the other way around I get 130 Mb/s.
The old HDD Docking also get decent speeds.

Of course all devices got tested on a second PC and did function (The good results remained and the ones listed as “bad” did not have any bursts or bad rates). In conclusion: it must be the new PC.

What I tried so far:
-BIOS Updates
X570 is a very new chipset with some issues, therefore there are already 5 different BIOS Versions out there. I tried all of them. My current one is the newest (Aorus F6b).
-Different Formats
exFat, NTFS or else, it didn’t matter. The burst remained the same.
-Driver Updates
Updated all the drivers.
-Windows Updates
Tried different Windows updates and older versions.
-Preferences of USB Hardware
Did enable the “more speed” in the preferences.

The thing that gets me worried the most is the dependency on the devices, since not all have the same issue. I really hope for a software problem since I would rather not send in my mainboard and wait for a replacement.

THANK YOU already for taking your time and reading about my problem! I will be happy about any answer that ill get 😊

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
There are only 4 BIOS listed on Gigabyte's support site, not 5. TO add, you're on F6b which is a Beta BIOS meaning that there should be a followup to the one you're using.

Before you blame the platform, did you rule out the rear I/O ports? Perhaps the front panel wiring might be defective...? Then there's the matter about which OS and OS version you're on. Did you manually install all drivers for your platform?

Oct 16, 2019
There are only 4 BIOS listed on Gigabyte's support site, not 5. TO add, you're on F6b which is a Beta BIOS meaning that there should be a followup to the one you're using.

Before you blame the platform, did you rule out the rear I/O ports? Perhaps the front panel wiring might be defective...? Then there's the matter about which OS and OS version you're on. Did you manually install all drivers for your platform?
Hey, thanks for your answer!
Yes i did try different I/O Ports (Front and Backpanel) and they all had the same behavior. Im on the current Windows 10 (Updated) and did install the driver manually from the Gigabyte website.