Problem when filling all memory slots

FrozenK

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
Hi,

I got 4 slots and 4 mem sticks.
I have tested each stick alone and there were no problems
Then took one stick and started testing each slot and no problems
Later I took 2 sticks and place in slots no problem and even switched the 2 sticks with the other 2 and no problem.
The problem start when I'm filling all the slots. memtest detects numerous problems (I stopped at 5k).
Does that mean i got a problem with the mobo? I saw the volts in the Bios are normal.

All help would be great.
Regards.

FrozenK

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
First, this accrued after running the rig for 2 years.

Second, as for the details :
intel i7 2600k
p8z68 v pro mobo
4*4 gb G.SKILL Ripjaws CL7-8-7-24
PSU: Antec High Current Pro 850W
GPU: gtx 560ti
Running windows 7 pro

Thanks for the help!

brarboy

Honorable
you did say:
even switched the 2 sticks with the other 2 and no problem
Have you tested out on other 2 Memory slots of your motherboard?
If you have used A1,B1 slot, try running the tests in A2,B2 slot. Do you still get error?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Are you OCed at all? What freq is the DRAM, with CL7 sounds like the original Ripjaws, 1600/7 - model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM, if so, might try 2 sticks in 1-3, go to BIOS enable XMP, select profile 1, then raise DRAM voltage to 1.55 and set VCCIO (MC (memory controller)) voltage to about 1.15, save exit shutdown, add the other sticks and give it a try

FrozenK

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
Tradesman1,
I really wanted to comment something like 'You're a genius', but I'm afraid it didn't solve it.
What you mentioned is indeed my memory, It was set on Auto in the BIOS, so I followed your steps but no go.
The rig is working well when I use slots #1,#3, but once I insert memory to #2 or / and #4 and run Memtest86 I get the errors.
Btw, I'm not OCed.
Braboy,
See the above.

Thanks for trying so far guys, any more ideas?

Regards.