[SOLVED] Problem with an Asus Rog strix X470-F Gaming

Aug 10, 2020
Hey guys!
So, today I've just replaced my ryzen 2600X stock cooler for an artic freezer 34 esports. The replacement and installation were pretty easy, however, it seems now I cannot boot the computer (I just click on the ON button and nothing happens).
I've noticed there is a led on the bottom right corner of the motherboard, and acording to the manual it might not be DRAM, CPU, VGA since it says those are located on the top right corner of the motherboard and not at the bottom.

Photos:
https://ibb.co/FmNHPC4

https://ibb.co/7VQ3v5s

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What case are you using for that build? Have you tried taking the front panel connectors off and just shorting the pins on the power switch terminals to power up the PC?
If the cooler is the only thing you replaced, you might want to see if reducing one rotation from the mount of the cooler helps with reviving the system.

If that doesn't help, take the system out of the chassis and then breadboard the system with it's bare minimum parts.

Also, make and model of the motherboard? Latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan

What case are you using for that build? Have you tried taking the front panel connectors off and just shorting the pins on the power switch terminals to power up the PC?
If the cooler is the only thing you replaced, you might want to see if reducing one rotation from the mount of the cooler helps with reviving the system.

If that doesn't help, take the system out of the chassis and then breadboard the system with it's bare minimum parts.

Also, make and model of the motherboard? Latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

Solution
Aug 10, 2020

Thank you for your answer!
Just solved the issue this morning, in fact, I've decided to take the cooler off and mount it all over again, I even too the CPU out (just in case) and now everything is back to normal and working as intended.
Not sure what went wrong the first time, probably too much (or too litle) thermal paste? Dunno.. Anyway, thank you again! :)

Thank you for your answer!
Just solved the issue this morning, in fact, I've decided to take the cooler off and mount it all over again, I even too the CPU out (just in case) and now everything is back to normal and working as intended.
Not sure what went wrong the first time, probably too much (or too litle) thermal paste? Dunno.. Anyway, thank you again! :)
Most probably cooler's fan wasn't connected properly to CPU_FAN header, that can stop it from starting.