problem with ASUS A7V133 mother board

the problem is the following:

when "power on" button is pressed, the fan on the cpu starts working. there
is one loud beep and then the computer shuts down. the monitor does NOT turn
on at all.
the floppy does not read diskettes. it does not show any signs of life.

the cd-rom drive does not read bootable cds.

there is only one stick of ram ddr 133 mghz, 256 MB.

tried resetting the cmos settings. nothing changed.

can you give me an idea on how and where to start fixing it?

thank you

>the problem is the following:
>
>when "power on" button is pressed, the fan on the cpu starts working. there
>is one loud beep and then the computer shuts down. the monitor does NOT turn
>on at all.
>the floppy does not read diskettes. it does not show any signs of life.
>
>the cd-rom drive does not read bootable cds.
>
>there is only one stick of ram ddr 133 mghz, 256 MB.
>
>tried resetting the cmos settings. nothing changed.
>
>can you give me an idea on how and where to start fixing it?
>
>thank you

I have that board and that happened when the PSU went belly up.

------------
When your PC gives a little they give a lot.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/disco

"AndrewJ" <aaremodelingREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >the problem is the following:
> >
> >when "power on" button is pressed, the fan on the cpu starts working.
there
> >is one loud beep and then the computer shuts down. the monitor does NOT
turn
> >on at all.
> >the floppy does not read diskettes. it does not show any signs of life.
> >
> >the cd-rom drive does not read bootable cds.
> >
> >there is only one stick of ram ddr 133 mghz, 256 MB.
> >
> >tried resetting the cmos settings. nothing changed.
> >
> >can you give me an idea on how and where to start fixing it?
> >
> >thank you
>
> I have that board and that happened when the PSU went belly up.
>

> ------------
> When your PC gives a little they give a lot.
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/disco

i'm sorry ... "PSU" ?

> >> i'm sorry ... "PSU" ?
> >>
> >> do you mean "power supply unit"?
>
> Bingo!

> When your PC gives a little they give a lot.
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/disco

thanks, Andrew! i'll try this...