Question Problem with drivers for gpu r9 270x

May 19, 2019
Hello guys, u have problem with drivers for my gpu. Last night my pc suddenly restarted and after that it wont start up sistem. I did new windows and all worked fine but when i wanted to install my drivers it was all good till i needed to restart my pc for installation to be completed. Then i needed to restore to moment before drivers being installes. I instaled driver from official amd page so they are good ones. does anyone know what could be problem. sry for bad English

First off, kindly provide full PC specs, to help troubleshoot your issue. I don't want to make any assumption or wild guess, so it would be much better if you can provide more details from your side.

-1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec

May 19, 2019
i have pc
mother board is msi a68hm-p33 v2
8gb ram doesn't know brand
cpu amd athlon x4 750k
750w psu falcon
1tb hd
gpu r9 270x 2gb
i tryed win 7 and win 10 but allways same after installing drivers windows wont start. I was installing drivers from amd site 2ith tool which alone install it.

Last edited:
750w psu falcon

The first thing I would do is to replace this FALCON TECH PSU model. Assuming this is the exact brand name, I did some Google search, and all results point out this being a Generic/low-quality PSU. Do not use this PSU to power up the R9270X. Grab some other high quality PSU, even though your current power supply might not be the culprit here.

Also, can you try booting your PC via the Motherboard's onboard/integrated Graphics ? Does the system still restart ? Hold old is this GPU ? Also, can you boot in Safe Mode, without any issues ?

May 19, 2019
systen work fine with integrated graphic, problem is that u cant install drivers for r9 270x every time when i instal them windows won't boot. And also i can boot safe mod. gpu is about 2 years old

Can you check the GPU on some other system, by using a different PSU ? Might be some fault with the hardware, but we can't jump on any conclusion. Try to re-seat the GPU firmly on the PCI-E slot once again, and connect all PCI-e 6-PIN cables, as applicable. I would also suggest you try some other PSU, if possible.

Yours might not be a power related issue, but I don't trust that FALCON TECH PSU model. How many PCI-e cables does this PSU have ?

Also, update your system BIOS, if not done so. The latest version is from 2018-12-11. What's the make and brand of your R9270X GPU (Sapphire, XFX, Asus, MSI etc.)? I hope it's a legit video card ? Have you used this same card BEFORE as well, on this same system ?

When did this problem actually start to occur ?

Last edited: