Question Problem with gaming

iliakumaraku9

Commendable
Oct 21, 2018
I wasnt sure where to post this so i posted it here.
I have been having an issue with my pc while gaming.I play fifa and csgo mainly.On fifa whenever i play my game freezes for a few seconds and then the gameplay will speed up(ultimate team/online)then it unfreezes,this can happen multiple times in a game,or not even happen.This has also happened to me once in squadbattles and my game froze but it didnt speed up the gameplay to compensate which lead me to believe it wasn't an issue with my internet,.On csgo my fps went from 350+ to a stable 16 like its capped with the ingame console for a few seconds then to 120 fluctuating and then again at 16(this happened to my brother while he was playing,but it has also happened to me once when i was watching a demo of a game).I restarted csgo and fps was back to 350+.I was hoping to get a fix for this.Thanks for further replies.

Specs:
Cpu-i5 9400f
Cpu cooler-stock intel fan cooler
Gpu-gtx 1660
Ram-2x8 2666mhz ddr4
Mobo- Gigabyte B365m aurus elite
Ssd-Kingston a400 480gb

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I wasnt sure where to post this so i posted it here.
I have been having an issue with my pc while gaming.I play fifa and csgo mainly.On fifa whenever i play my game freezes for a few seconds and then the gameplay will speed up(ultimate team/online)then it unfreezes,this can happen multiple times in a game,or not even happen.This has also happened to me once in squadbattles and my game froze but it didnt speed up the gameplay to compensate which lead me to believe it wasn't an issue with my internet,.On csgo my fps went from 350+ to a stable 16 like its capped with the ingame console for a few seconds then to 120 fluctuating and then again at 16(this happened to my brother while he was playing,but it has also happened to me once when i was watching a demo of a game).I restarted csgo and fps was back to 350+.I was hoping to get a fix for this.Thanks for further replies.

Specs:
Cpu-i5 9400f
Cpu cooler-stock intel fan cooler
Gpu-gtx 1660
Ram-2x8 2666mhz ddr4
Mobo- Gigabyte B365m aurus elite
Ssd-Kingston a400 480gb
How full is the SSD if that's the drive with the games.

iliakumaraku9

Commendable
Oct 21, 2018
PSU brand and model?

Temperatures of your CPU and GPU at idle and under full load?
I dont remember the brand name of the psu,ill reply to you tomorrow since i am not avaible to do it right now and open the build,cpu package temperature on hwmonitor says it goes to max 65,while gpu max 49.As for idle i wouldnt be able to give you a definitive answer since i usually start gaming around 5-10 mins after i open my pc with a few exceptions here and there and dont see the temperatures.When i open it tomorrow ill wait for 5-10mins and reply to you with the psu and idle temps.Anything else i should check?

iliakumaraku9

Commendable
Oct 21, 2018
Run diskchk on your drive. Sfc /scannow.
Check RAM with memtest86. 49 C max temp on GPU seems a bit low, make sure it's not down clocked and power supplied is good. Is it dual 8 pin power ?
Gpu is a palit stormx gtx 1660 and is a single fan,single 8 pin connector.Psu is a Kolink 700w 80+ bronze.Ill run the tests and get back to you.
Edit:49 max temp was while playing csgo yesterday,1024x768 all low so gpu didnt have any load i guess

iliakumaraku9

Commendable
Oct 21, 2018
PSU brand and model?

Temperatures of your CPU and GPU at idle and under full load?
Idle temps after a bit more than 10 minutes on Open Hardware Monitor are 30(current value for the cpu,max reached 45 which i guess was at the startup)for cpu package, 32 for gpu(both current and max)
Psu is a Kolink 700w 80+ bronze

iliakumaraku9

Commendable
Oct 21, 2018
Run diskchk on your drive. Sfc /scannow.
Check RAM with memtest86. 49 C max temp on GPU seems a bit low, make sure it's not down clocked and power supplied is good. Is it dual 8 pin power ?
Sfc /scannow came with this response:Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and succesfully repaired them.And it also gave me an online and offline repair option with the log files of where it is located.The RAM test on memtest86 came back with no errors

iliakumaraku9

Commendable
Oct 21, 2018
This seems like correct number. Tdp is 120 W for your card. Is the same lag happening in other games ?
I dont play any other games currently,I played warzone and rocket league when i got the pc to try it out and i dont remember it lagging.This only happens mainly in fifa,the problem with csgo has only happened like two times i would say but that might be because i have opened a map called aim_botz to warmup and i have heard it ruins your fps if you dont restart the game.The problem with fifa wasn't always there at the start,it started out later.Only thing i am not sure about causing the problem is the ssd,i tested gpu cpu ram before myself,tested it now and its all fine.Psu checked out to give enough power so i guess the only thing left is the ssd which i dont know how to test it correctly to identify the problem with the game stuttering stuttering.Or it might be some program blocking it i guess?

TRENDING THREADS