Question Problem with GPU RX 580 8GB

stefkourl

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
Hello!I have problem with the gpu and i dont know if it is from that or from something other. Heaven benchmark works for 30 minutes no problem, Furmark too temps are not more than 66 degrees. But when i try to run aida64 extreme gpu test or tried once to mine i got this little black dots on the screen and the driver says that it crashed and the screen goes black then comes back, sometimes i get bsod with videotdr failure and i dont know wheter is the drivers or the gpu faulty somehow? Tried ddu and different drivers and cant fix it.

stefkourl

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
Which 580 do you have? What are the clock speeds? If temps are that good does a small bump in power fix anything?
The gpu clock is 1380mhz and memory is 2150mhz. I got it like this and havent touched enything yet. Tried to lower the momery, no result clock too i think there is a way but i dont know how, played witcher 3 for about 30 mins no problem but when i try to run the aida benchmark and it begins memory copy then i see black dots all around the screen and it flashed with error from amd and it gives the tdr failure too. Heaven no problem furmark too i dont know what to do anymore. The gpu is MSI RX 580 8GB GAMING X.

stefkourl

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
So i must give it a little voltage above or i thought about flashing bios because i got it second hand it has been mining but it seems that it comes with the original bios but i think the memory frequency is different. The last thing for me is some hardware error maybe vram or the chip itself i dont know. That is the gpu z info.
IMG-20220128-183230.jpg

4745454b

Titan
The gpu clock is 1380mhz and memory is 2150mhz.

Sigh. If you told me which 580 you had I could have looked it up and seen if your clocks are what they should be. Not all 580s are clocked the same.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-580.c2938

Looking at the stock/reference card, try dropping things down to 1257 and 2GHz. Your mined card might just be at the end of it's life and needs a breather.

stefkourl

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
Sigh. If you told me which 580 you had I could have looked it up and seen if your clocks are what they should be. Not all 580s are clocked the same.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-580.c2938

Looking at the stock/reference card, try dropping things down to 1257 and 2GHz. Your mined card might just be at the end of it's life and needs a breather.
Cant drop the memory that low lowest is 2050 i think and i mentioned the card is msi rx 580 8gb gaming x edition. I send gpu z pictures too. The card does it only while memory coping on aida, furmark and benchmarks dont have a problem maybe its memory related but i cant drop the memory that low and i think it might be modified somehow. When i try to set less power usage the temp goes back to default max value every time but itself too i though this is strange too.

Last edited:

stefkourl

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
Do you have any gaming issues? Or just running that one test?

Maybe drop the speed and bump the powerplane up a notch?
No in gaming i dont have issues played witcher 3 about an hour everything seems stable only on that test and i tried to start a mining program then the card does it immediately. So i think its something that comes from that mining. I will try to drop the speed and bump the power again already tried but no result.

stefkourl

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
Do you have any gaming issues? Or just running that one test?

Maybe drop the speed and bump the powerplane up a notch?
So after a day playing with everything i tried different speeds and drivers and the newest gpu bios and i still get these dots in that program and started to have artifacts in witcher 3, no errors or artifacts and crashes in furmark and heaven benchmark but i think the card is faulty and it is not worth it giving it more time. Tried superposition benchmark and it crashes many times with much artifacts the more i tried to lower or raise something the more artifacts came into the benchmark.