Question Problem with GPU

Jan 14, 2023
I wanted to test out a GTX 1070 I found out on the street. I take out my old RX 570 and put the 1070 inside the computer, I test it, no display but that is because i didn’t download the drivers. I put the 570 back into the computer, turn it on, no display. I take it back out and put it back in again and it spins to life and i get a display.

Later on while I am running some games on the system to make sure it’s all good, I hover my hand over the gpu and it is extremely hot. Once i do that, the pc crashes.

a GTX 1070 I found out on the street. I take out my old RX 570 and put the 1070 inside the computer, I test it, no display but that is because i didn’t download the drivers. I put the 570 back into the computer, turn it on, no display. I take it back out and put it back in again and it spins to life and i get a display.

Later on while I am running some games on the system to make sure it’s all good, I hover my hand over the gpu and it is extremely hot. Once i do that, the pc crashes.
if you actually found it out on the street there's likely a good reason it was there.

and drivers aren't necessary just to get a display.
Windows comes with basic graphics drivers so that you can build a system.

Reactions: KyaraM