Problem with GPU

syedinsane

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
Hi, i recently purchased a evga GTX 260 core 216 graphics card. The first day it was perfect, i was running games for hours on end. Then the next day, every game i tried, crysis warhead, nfs:underground, halflife2, all started freezing in the first 10 seconds on play. I ran some graphic card stability testing software and they also froze. I oc'd the card very little the first day. Now i set everything back to factory settings and all the drivers are updated. I first thought it was the RAM but now i actually underclocked the card and the game (although choppy) ran for about 4 mins. The went black after that and the monitor said no input. I just wanted to make sure if this a problem with my video card for sure. MB: p5nd2-sli deluxe, core duo 3.2ghz. 4gb ram. Other than running games the system is fast.

edit: video card and cpu temps are fine when the games are freezing. video card is at about 57 and cpu was at 32.

ilikegirls

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009

Well if you dont mind me asking does the card make any funny buzzing nosie ?

ilikegirls

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009

well first of all if it hasnt been to long you should try a system restor to the day you got the GPU and if that doesnt work i would try to update the bios and do a driver roolback to the GPU and see if that works

good luck ill be checking in later to see if it worked/didnt

syedinsane

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
Sorry for the delay, i don't have another computer in the house. My PSU is ANTEC True Power 750W (TP-750).

Specs

MB: p5nd2-sli deluxe
CPU: pentium D 940 3.2ghz.
4GB RAM, I just changed this and the computer still freezes.

The 12V rails on the power supply are giving 11.71V according to bios. Is this a problem? I tried system restore to no avail.

ilikegirls

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009

well first of all if you dont have important data on your PC you should try to reinstal and furmat your HDD and flash the bios and if that doesnt work then this is a hardware problem!