problem with my 9800pro

gwyn

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2004
hi everyone

i got my new 9800pro today. it insalled fine games worked great although my system did crash in call of duty.
iv just switched it on now and when i went into ati settings suddenly my
cursor changed colour its a blue/purple colour and its got a square around it with lines.
non of my pc is oc
there are just some strange things happening since i put the new card in.
im getting some stuters in games old and new and the cursor still looks all curupted.
should fast write be disabled?
have i got enough ram 512 pc2100
could it be my psu?
or could my card be a bad one
please help

GA-7VAXP
xp2000
512 pc2100
9800pro
400watt psu

cleeve

Illustrious
Haven't ever heard of that problem.

Was your old card an Nvidia? If so, you may have to clean out the old Nvidia driver garbage. Download Detonator RIP.

gwyn

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2004
yes it was a mx440
i ran driver cleaner 3.0
then installed of the disc.
iv just uninstalled and now everytime i try and install of the ati driver disc i get an illigal operation message.
realy not sure what to do
do think my card is broken?

agcheavin

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004
Run driver cleaner, delete the ATI folder, reboot and cancel the "found new hardware", you will get a message saying that the new hardware will not work properly due to you cancelling the installation. Then re-install your drivers ( or install the 4.3's that you can download off the net ( this is the best option because they have all the latest fixes in them) make sure you are running Windows XP SP 1, make sure you have the latest motherboard drivers installed, this is very important as they contain amongst other things your AGP drivers ( do the motherboard drivers first ! and then reboot) and all should be well. If not, then I would suggest a wipe and a fresh install with your video card drivers going in last.

Gary

<font color=red>AMD 2700 XP<font color=red>
<font color=red>Gecube 9800 pro Extreme<font color=red>
<font color=blue>ASUS A7N8X deluxe<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>1024 meg Dual Channel DDR 3200<font color=blue>

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
SP1 is not necessary.

Me: are you saying I can't provide?
Me: cause I know I can provide.
Me: oh and I can provide money too;)
Rachel:): why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?

gwyn

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2004
well i should tell you im running win 98 could this be the problem?
i cant afford xp yet but im going to format the hd and install 2000 will this help?