I have a problem with My PC and specifically the Graphics Card

Specs
Mobo: MSI 2AEO
GPU: HIS Radeon AMD R9 290X
CPU: AMD 6700-APU
RAM: DDR3 2X2GB(4GB)
PSU: 800W HP POWER SUPPLY
HDD: 500B Seagate

The problem is my screen turn black and makes a noise when am running am running programs on windows but it does not restart.
The weird part is that it never crashes when running games or mining
I have tried changing drivers,installing windows from 7,8&10 and even Ubuntu put it still goes black
If I disable the Card On Device Manager the display still works and the PC works without a glitch but the card fan still runs

I have also tried drivers for It which came out of the box and the one's latest ones which say the card is an R9 390.

Does anyone have a solution to the black screen problem?

Last edited:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
You're running a 290X on a "300W" PSU? That's a 290W TDP card.... Add overhead for other components etc, I'd be shocked if that PSU could adequately power a 290X if it was the only thing it was trying to power, let alone a full system.

I'm assuming you're running adapters too? There's no way a "300W" unit would have the necessary PCIe connectors...

Feb 28, 2019
You're running a 290X on a "300W" PSU? That's a 290W TDP card.... Add overhead for other components etc, I'd be shocked if that PSU could adequately power a 290X if it was the only thing it was trying to power, let alone a full system.

I'm assuming you're running adapters too? There's no way a "300W" unit would have the necessary PCIe connectors...
My Apologies it's an 800w PSU not 300w as previously indicated