Problem with new mobo (video included)

Lantisca

Honorable
May 27, 2012
Hi, so I'm having a slight problem with I'm guessing the motherboard. So as you can see in the video, I power the mobo on, cpu and gpu fans start up but after a few seconds, it seems to restart and continue in an endless cycle until I completely cut the power. PSU is a Corsair 650w Pro series. I'm at a loss as to what this could be so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Video: http://youtu.be/PDrSPhzOUZQ?hd=1

Lantisca

Honorable
May 27, 2012

Ok, so I went ahead and unplugged like you said, I moved the CMOS jumper to pins 2-3 left it for more than a minute (just in case) then moved it back. Problem still persists. Any other ideas?

Nuts. I really thought that was it.

The only other thing I've heard that works is to remove all the ram except one stick in slot 1-1 and try booting. If that doesn't work move the stick to slot 1-2 and try again. That might break it out of it's loop.

Lantisca

Honorable
May 27, 2012

Ok, I didn't realize my mobo came with a Dr. debug thing. Anyways, I tried what you suggested. I found that both sticks of RAM work but they both CANNOT be plugged in at once. When I have them both in, I get an error 55 (which causes the endless reboot). Code 55 reads: Memory not installed. When I only have one in, I get Code 62: Installation of the South Bridge runtime services and the rebooting STOPS.

Is there something wrong with the mobo that 2, 4gb sticks can't be plugged in at the same time?

TRENDING THREADS