[SOLVED] Problem

Mar 10, 2022
Hi, i bought yesterday computer because my old computer had issues with graphic card probably? Have no signal in monitor after sleep this was 7 years old computer.
Buuut now i bought new pc

geforce rtx 3060ti
i5-12600k
8x2gb ram 3200mhz
msi 690z pro motherboard

I went to sleep, I got up and the monitor lost the signal from the card .. after 2 resets the monitor captured the image.
Earlier, the card captures the image when placed in the oven the old card. Also previously connected monitor was via dvi now via hdmi. Is it possible that I am unlucky and this 3060ti card also does not work or is it a problem with the monitor?

Solution
This is probably not rocket science.

Try a different cable AND if a different cable doesn't help, try a different TYPE of cable if the monitor supports it.

And if neither of those things helps, try a different monitor, because if your monitor is 7 years old and you've used it pretty regularly, and even if you haven't, there is always a pretty good chance that the monitor is to blame. If you can't get other cables or monitors, then it's going to be hard to convict anything. It would also help to know EXACTLY what version of Windows you are running, which BUILD version of it you are running (Any run or search box, enter winver and hit enter, it will tell you) and exactly what power supply you have.

I'm also going to assume you typed...
This is probably not rocket science.

Try a different cable AND if a different cable doesn't help, try a different TYPE of cable if the monitor supports it.

And if neither of those things helps, try a different monitor, because if your monitor is 7 years old and you've used it pretty regularly, and even if you haven't, there is always a pretty good chance that the monitor is to blame. If you can't get other cables or monitors, then it's going to be hard to convict anything. It would also help to know EXACTLY what version of Windows you are running, which BUILD version of it you are running (Any run or search box, enter winver and hit enter, it will tell you) and exactly what power supply you have.

I'm also going to assume you typed wrong when you wrote 8x 2GB and actually meant 2x 8GB, but knowing the EXACT model of your memory kit AND which DIMM slots they are installed in (Starting at the CPU and working towards the edge of the motherboard, 1,2,3,4) would be a lot of help as well.

Solution
Mar 10, 2022
yeah i mean 2x8gb , its second slot and fourth . I will try today on dvi-dp cable because my monitor does not support hdmi 144hz anyway. I can use 144hz only on dvi. I am surprised that the monitor cannot catch the signal on both cards after a long period of rest. before dvi-dvi now hdmi-hdmi and I started to suspect the monitor itself. I also thought to just go today and buy a new monitor because I heard that new cards may not work on adapters exactly as they should

Mar 10, 2022
3060ti and before in old computer radeon radeon 7700 i had the same problem with no signal. then I thought it was cold contacts and i repair it with oven .
it was always back to normal , but after 2 years the graphics card started to have artifacts. Then i bought 3060ti went to sleep. I wake up and I have no signal... i was like here we go again cJ :D radeon was dvi-dvi , ti now hdmi so i dont think its cable issue. I have a graphics card for 5 hours after taking it out of the box. maybe card was refreshed, I do not have this certainty, but even if it does, it shouldn't break after a few hours? so I think it might be the monitor causing problems

* after two years when the no-signal problem began to occur, he is generally the same 7 years old

Last edited: