Question Problem

Mar 28, 2023
So I installed a new GPU to my PC and it started auto restarting when I opened a game. I didnt have this problem when I havent used the gpu. Someone knows why?

Mar 28, 2023
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
Processor: Intel Core i3-10100
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti 4GB - Cerberus
Memory: 16GB (2x8) 2666mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte H410M S2H
PSU: OEM-ATX-500Z-E12 (420W)

Im pretty sure the problem is PSU but im just asking to be sure about it

Your setup should be drawing no more then 200W. So either your PSU is way more crappy then it looks like, or your new GPU is faulty. Those are basically your options at this point. Best way to find out which one is true would be to test GPU on another machine.

DSzymborski

Titan
Your setup should be drawing no more then 200W. So either your PSU is way more crappy then it looks like, or your new GPU is faulty. Those are basically your options at this point. Best way to find out which one is true would be to test GPU on another machine.

659d1c75614603b3487318a6fc7bf446.jpg

Assuming this is the correct PSU, I'm not sure it's possible for it to be more crappy than this looks like.

Reactions: DRagor

DSzymborski

Titan
I asked there which PSU is better to get if the PSU is the problem, but I haven`t bought any yet

Unfortunately, that was a bad idea. You didn't actually say that you were going to run this PC on a PSU this junky in the meantime, because I can't imagine anyone ever advising you to connect this to anything more powerful than a sandwich.

Hopefully, that fake 500W PSU that's barely a 200W PSU in the best-case scenario hasn't caused permanent damage. Cheap garbage PSUs can be very expensive...

Mar 28, 2023
Unfortunately, that was a bad idea. You didn't actually say that you were going to run this PC on a PSU this junky in the meantime, because I can't imagine anyone ever advising you to connect this to anything more powerful than a sandwich.

Hopefully, that fake 500W PSU that's barely a 200W PSU in the best-case scenario hasn't caused permanent damage. Cheap garbage PSUs can be very expensive...
I know it`s very bad PSU, everyone said that

DSzymborski

Titan
I know it`s very bad PSU, everyone said that

Then why do it anyway? If you don't have the funds to upgrade the PSU, it's even more expensive to have to buy new components that the PSU may destroy.

I wouldn't even do that considering how horrible that old PSU is, but if you had to use the PC and it had to be that PSU, there never should have been a new GPU thrown in there.

Crossing my fingers that your cheap PSU didn't just get considerably more expensive for you. But you won't know for sure everything's fine until you have something of at least budget quality in there.

Mar 28, 2023
Then why do it anyway? If you don't have the funds to upgrade the PSU, it's even more expensive to have to buy new components that the PSU may destroy.
Thats why I made a thread to ask which PSU is good to buy for these components, and i`ll buy the new PSU this week and look if its going to fix the problem.