Jacob Harris12

Commendable
Jan 7, 2021
I recently upgraded to 4x8 of Corsair Vengeance RBG Pro rated for 3600mhz on my system. When first installed and turned to its rated speed of 3600mhz my system wouldn't boot. I fixed that problem by updating my motherboards BIOS to the newest version. The computer works as it normally should once in windows. The problem comes when the computer has been shut down and I use the power button to turn it on. The system turns on but stops at the orange DRAM light and sits there until I hit the reset switch. The weird part is as soon as I hit the reset switch it boots up like it normally would and everything works without problems. With DOCP turned on it automatically sets the DRAM speed to 3600mhz so I tried leaving DOCP on and set it down to 3200mhz and still no luck. The only way it boots up normally is if I turn off DOCP and let the DRAM run at the stock speed of like 2200mhz or somewhere around there. I messed around with the stock 1.35v with DOCP on going up to 1.39v still no luck.

As I said before I have updated the BIOS to the most recent version. I also updated my chipset to the newest version. I also cleared my CMOS. To me it just doesn't make sense why it won't boot unless I hit the reset switch but after that everything works perfectly fine.

Motherboard: Asus B550-F

CPU: Ryzen 3800xt

GPU: Nvidia 1070ti

RAM: 4x8 of Corsair Vengeance RBG Pro 3600mhz

Storage: 2x M.2 SSD

Lutfij

Titan
Can you pass on a link to the ram kit you're working with? If they are two 2x8GB kits, please take a picture of the stickered info or at the very least take note of the PCB revisions for both kits. If the PCB version is the same or if the rams come from one 4x kit, then I'd try and reflash the BIOS and after a successful BIOS reflash, clear the CMOS. You're advised to power down the system, disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery and press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain any residual power. Replace the CMOS battery after 30 minutes and see if you're able to get your ram kit to work as advertised.

Just to double check, you're currently on BIOS version 2806?

One more thing, you can go up to 1.4v~1.45v. See if that helps. Though I think it's more of either the rams being the issue or the BIOS for your motherboard.

Jacob Harris12

Commendable
Jan 7, 2021
Can you pass on a link to the ram kit you're working with? If they are two 2x8GB kits, please take a picture of the stickered info or at the very least take note of the PCB revisions for both kits. If the PCB version is the same or if the rams come from one 4x kit, then I'd try and reflash the BIOS and after a successful BIOS reflash, clear the CMOS. You're advised to power down the system, disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery and press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain any residual power. Replace the CMOS battery after 30 minutes and see if you're able to get your ram kit to work as advertised.

Just to double check, you're currently on BIOS version 2806?

One more thing, you can go up to 1.4v~1.45v. See if that helps. Though I think it's more of either the rams being the issue or the BIOS for your motherboard.
So after following all of your instructions still no luck. I also tested each stick individually and each slot and each producing the same problem. I looked on Asus's website and my ram kit isn't officially supported so I suppose that might be part of the problem. If you have any other ideas i'd love to hear but I might just be stuck with this issue, I'm glad that I am still able to get into windows it's just slightly annoying having to hit the reset switch to boot every time.