I'm having probems networking 2 machines.

I have them both set to the same workgroup.
I have changed the machine IP addresses so that they are within range
of each other.
One machine has Windows 2000 and the other has Windows XP SP2.
Both have all the latest security updates.

I can see the machines.
But I can't do anything else.
I get an error saying not accessible or something.

I have tried sharing out a printer on the Windows XP SP2 machine.
But, in the Wizard, it does not see the Wireless PCI card.
It sees other ethernet cards in the machine.

What am I doing wrong?
I kinda suspect the problem is to do with SP2 and the extra security
features enabled.

Any help/pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

OM

bar

Firstly check in the user manual for the wireless card.

If Xp doesn't 'see' it then it probably isn't setup correctly. Given that
to be the case, howe the hell can you communicate with another PC.

Security features do not prevent the operating system from identifying and
managing hardware connected to a PC.

Review the installaton and setup process for the PCI Card and make
absolutely certain that you follow the setup on a step by step; word by word
basis: if you don't know what decisions to make call the maunfacturer for
support and setup assistance.

It is painfully obvious that this must be completed successfully in order to
get any results.