Question Problems while gaming with RTX 4060

ZSalahaddin

Reputable
Feb 22, 2021
Hello there. I'll post my specs on the end of the post.
I bought a whole brand new setup and, since I began gaming with it, some games simply crash, freeze or even reboot my whole system.
I can't see a clear pattern: some new, "heavy-weight" games like Resident Evil 8, COD MW3, Alan Wake 2, RE4 remake etc. run like a breeze. But others (Jedi 2, Callisto Protocol, Dead Space remake...) simply don't and will reboot or freeze the whole system, forcing me to hard reset it.
Some older games (Gears 5, Hitman 2 and 3, etc.) crash too, while others (RE7, Dying Light 2) run just fine.
Some games crashed only on the 1st run (Days Gone, Insurgency Sandstorm) and became smooth afterwards. The game Squad kept crashing until I lowered the graphic quality to low, ran the 1st mission and then put it back on high (and then worked fine in every other play).

I, of course, already tried using the last driver and also using the "factory", "blank" driver.

I have lots of images and TechPowerUp GPU-Z's logs. Could/Should I post them here?
Please, help :(

My PC:

Intel i7-10700KF, 3,80ghz
32gb RAM (DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast)
MSI GeForce RTX 4060
Cooler Master G800 Plus Gold
Duex DX-H510ZG

Lutfij

Titan
If you want to share images, host them on a site like Imgur and then pass on the links here for us to see.

As for your build,
Duex DX-H510ZG
I've never heard of this brand until today. Are you able to locate support site for the board? See if the board has BIOS updates pending.

How are you cooling the processor in your build? Make and model of your case? Ambient room air temps? Where did you source the installers for your OS?

I, of course, already tried using the last driver and also using the "factory", "blank" driver.
Did you use DDU?

ZSalahaddin

Reputable
Feb 22, 2021
It's a brazilian brand.
BIOS (Seems) up to date.

It gets around 29°C here. The processor has a single fan watercooling system (I forgot the brand and model), plus a Grizzly Kryonaut (5,5G, TG-K-015-R) paste. The temps don't go above 70°C during gaming, according to (several) monitoring apps.

Yes, I did use DDU.

I forgot to mention: BF1 and MW3 get a weird "brrrrrrr" (you know...THAT sound) for a single second in every gameplay. It's just a split second. I think it's somewhat related.

As soon as I get home, I'll post the image of an error popup that appeared on screen right before Squad froze.