Event ID: 1
Date: 4/6/2005
Time: 9:03:30 PM
User: N/A
Computer: PAUL
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( nview_info ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use
the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
details. The following information is part of the event: NVIEW : washer:
WAIT_TIMEOUT, while waiting for a read to clear - resetting read event
..

any help would help out alot

thanks in advance

Hi Jason,

Hardware issues can cause freezing, black screens and other
errors. Also, your drivers should always be kept up to date.

Try the following steps one at a time to try and resolve the issue.
I hope this helps. Please post back if you have any questions! :)

1. Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:
For all Video / DirectX / Game and Hardware Issues, I have a
Checklist of Solutions at: http://NibblesNbitsVideo.tk

2. Dust your fans, vents and components using a 1/4" paintbrush
and a hose vacuum. Use compressed air for hard to reach places.
Set a housefan to blow cold air into your case to expose an over-
heating issue.. If it works add more fans or replace defective ones.
Use this Motherboard Monitor Utility: http://mbm.livewiredev.com

3. A faulty power supply can cause STOP errors, random reboots,
and black screen lockups. One way to test for that is to check the
wattage sticker on your power supply and then calculate your need
http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ (Min. 350 for gaming)

4. Test your RAM using: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"JasonP" <JasonP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA29D190-0449-44EA-8541-AE210DB50C9D@microsoft.com...
> Hello All
> when loading into CoD:UO MP and start loading into a map, right after
> makes a "Teeee" sound and then reboots. This happens each time l join MP and
> l get the same error message, which is....
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: nview_info
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1
> Date: 4/6/2005
> Time: 9:03:30 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: PAUL
> The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( nview_info ) cannot be found.
> The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
> DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use
> the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
> details. The following information is part of the event: NVIEW : washer:
> WAIT_TIMEOUT, while waiting for a read to clear - resetting read event
> .
>
> any help would help out alot
>
> thanks in advance

JasonP

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

Hello Jimmy

Thanks for the help, the problem ended up being that COD didn't read the
newer Graphic drivers so l reinstalled the game. Also l upgraded the drivers
for my chipset which seem to help also. Once again thanks for the help, for a
fast reply and a quick fixs

regards

Jason

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Hardware issues can cause freezing, black screens and other
> errors. Also, your drivers should always be kept up to date.
>
> Try the following steps one at a time to try and resolve the issue.
> I hope this helps. Please post back if you have any questions! :)
>
> 1. Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:
> For all Video / DirectX / Game and Hardware Issues, I have a
> Checklist of Solutions at: http://NibblesNbitsVideo.tk
>
> 2. Dust your fans, vents and components using a 1/4" paintbrush
> and a hose vacuum. Use compressed air for hard to reach places.
> Set a housefan to blow cold air into your case to expose an over-
> heating issue.. If it works add more fans or replace defective ones.
> Use this Motherboard Monitor Utility: http://mbm.livewiredev.com
>
> 3. A faulty power supply can cause STOP errors, random reboots,
> and black screen lockups. One way to test for that is to check the
> wattage sticker on your power supply and then calculate your need
> http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ (Min. 350 for gaming)
>
> 4. Test your RAM using: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
> MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
>

> "JasonP" <JasonP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA29D190-0449-44EA-8541-AE210DB50C9D@microsoft.com...
> > Hello All
> > when loading into CoD:UO MP and start loading into a map, right after
> > makes a "Teeee" sound and then reboots. This happens each time l join MP and
> > l get the same error message, which is....
> >
> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: nview_info
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 1
> > Date: 4/6/2005
> > Time: 9:03:30 PM
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: PAUL
> > The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( nview_info ) cannot be found.
> > The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
> > DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use
> > the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
> > details. The following information is part of the event: NVIEW : washer:
> > WAIT_TIMEOUT, while waiting for a read to clear - resetting read event
> > .
> >
> > any help would help out alot
> >
> > thanks in advance

Glad that worked out for you Jason! :)