Question Problems with Cooler Master Cosmos C700P RGB ?

arijitdutta

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2012
I purchased the Cooler Master Cosmos C700P cabinet a long time back and have been struggling with using it with my ASUS x670E Hero Motherboard's Aura Sync (Armory Crate) software.

I Connected the Cosmos 4-pin Female RGB connector from its CM Control HUB to the proprietary 12V 4-pin RGB connector in the motherboard.

The Cosmos C700P RGB controller hub controls all the front IO LED and the cabinets' RGB Strips.

Problem 1: Using Asus Armory Crate, apart from standard colors when I ask it to change to orange, it shows green.

Also to note, the website states these are RGB-led panels, and should be connected to the 12v RGB header in the motherboard.

Although Armory Crate detects this as an Addressable Header. As far as I know, Addressable headers are 5V and shouldn't be connected to a 12V socket. Is this why I cannot get the full RGB spectrum? Curious to know.

Am I missing something, kindly help 😌

Video Explaining My Situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ5Oos0oMnA

Lutfij

Titan
According to your motherboard manual;
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/..._UM_V3_WEB.pdf?model=ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO
page 1-2, your board only has 1x RGB header which is located to the top right hand corner of the board. Did you make sure that the arrow/the polarity for the connector to the board is on the right way? The arrow would denote the 12v power source.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? You might want to use the Armory Crate uninstaller app that's located on your motherboard's support site, uninstall the app and then manually reinstall with the latest version in an elevated command.

arijitdutta

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2012
According to your motherboard manual;
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Socket AM5/ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO/E21169_ROG_CROSSHAIR_X670E_HERO_UM_V3_WEB.pdf?model=ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO
page 1-2, your board only has 1x RGB header which is located to the top right hand corner of the board. Did you make sure that the arrow/the polarity for the connector to the board is on the right way? The arrow would denote the 12v power source.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? You might want to use the Armory Crate uninstaller app that's located on your motherboard's support site, uninstall the app and then manually reinstall with the latest version in an elevated command.
Yep, i connected to the correct RGB 12v connector on the mobo. I am running the 1905 Bios firmware currently.

Tried to uninstall using Revo Uninstaller so that no registry data leaves behind. Still the problem persists.

arijitdutta

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2012
I feel it's the Cooler Master Controller that's not working properly.

Here's a video for reference:

Even though it's able to give out Red, Blue, and Green colors from the LED strip, when I am asking it to mix a certain color as in Orange, usually the RGB color spectrum should have been 255 of Red and 100 of Green, its unable to generate 100 of green.

If it was my motherboard or the Aura Sync Software then how come it is giving Red, Blue, and Green from the 12v RGB Header.

All I am saying is, if it is possible to get a replacement for the Cooler Master RGB Controller (c2055-02-sj) I would be able to verify properly.

Any help is appreciated.
Regards