Problems with patch

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Can anyone help me with updating my version of Diablo II. I tried to
install the patch with the following error message.

"Blizzard BNUpdate v2.23 compiled on May 18 2000
Log created at 5:34 pm on 01/06/2005
This patch upgrades Diablo II from version 1.00 to version 1.01.
ERROR: unable to apply patch to file 'data\LOCAL\LNG\ENG\English.txt'
WARNING: couldn't delete registry key
The system cannot find the file specified.
RESULT: Patch failed"

The suggestion was that I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and
tried again. This is the third time I did that and still can't
install the patch. Is this a known problem?


-
Peter James
Remove AT to reply

P F James
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005, Peter James wrote:

>> Is this a known problem?

Not that I've heard.

Can you use regedit and look for any key with Diablo in it, and delete
them. Then your next install should be "virgin".



--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper
 

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
838
0
18,980
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

I've never heard of this error, but I also haven't heard of anyone
trying to upgrade from 1.00 to 1.01 lately. Or is that just a typo?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On 7 Jan 2005 09:13:34 -0800, "phil" <google@donotcall.cjb.net> wrote:

>I've never heard of this error, but I also haven't heard of anyone
>trying to upgrade from 1.00 to 1.01 lately. Or is that just a typo?
I am a newbie at Diablo II, so allow for my ignorance. I was told to
update from 1.00 to 1.01. Is this wrong? What patch should I install
to bring the progam up to date? Thanks,
-
Peter James
Remove AT to reply

P F James
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

I think it was Peter James <pfjamesAT@clara.co.uk> that wrote
something like...

>On 7 Jan 2005 09:13:34 -0800, "phil" <google@donotcall.cjb.net> wrote:
>
>>I've never heard of this error, but I also haven't heard of anyone
>>trying to upgrade from 1.00 to 1.01 lately. Or is that just a typo?
>I am a newbie at Diablo II, so allow for my ignorance. I was told to
>update from 1.00 to 1.01. Is this wrong? What patch should I install
>to bring the progam up to date? Thanks,
>-
>Peter James
>Remove AT to reply
>
>P F James

1.10 is the latest version.


Ashen Shugar
--
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!
 

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
838
0
18,980
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

The latest patch is 1.10. If you connect to battle.net (via the button
right below "single player"), then it'll automatically download the
correct patch and install it for you. Otherwise, you can download the
patch from http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mdt0387p and install it
yourself.

The reference above to BNUpdate sounds like you are trying to connect
to battle.net and download the patch that way. So I'd try downloading
it manually instead and see whether that works.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Peter James" <pfjamesAT@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
news:0dg0u0hf0eufe0t6a17scbhgn9vtckkmq3@4ax.com...
> On 7 Jan 2005 09:13:34 -0800, "phil" <google@donotcall.cjb.net> wrote:
>
> >I've never heard of this error, but I also haven't heard of anyone
> >trying to upgrade from 1.00 to 1.01 lately. Or is that just a typo?
> I am a newbie at Diablo II, so allow for my ignorance. I was told to
> update from 1.00 to 1.01. Is this wrong? What patch should I install
> to bring the progam up to date? Thanks,

The version that sells in the battle chest is 1.07, you then update to 1.10
when you connect to battlenet. If you want to play on battlenet with the
rest of us, you have to update to 1.10, if you want to play single player
offline then you can update to other versions if you find the stand alone
patch files for them.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 09:01:54 -0600, john graesser wrote:

> if you want to play single player
> offline then you can update to other versions if you find the stand alone
> patch files for them.

For a new player who just wants to play offline, I'd probably recommend to
stick with 1.07, 1.08 or ideally 1.09. 1.10 is more on the heavy side. But
that's just me... my fondness of 1.10, especially in SP, isn't very
developed. ;)

M.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On 9 Jan 2005 00:15:19 -0800, "phil" <google@donotcall.cjb.net> wrote:

>The latest patch is 1.10. If you connect to battle.net (via the button
>right below "single player"), then it'll automatically download the
>correct patch and install it for you. Otherwise, you can download the
>patch from http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mdt0387p and install it
>yourself.
>
>The reference above to BNUpdate sounds like you are trying to connect
>to battle.net and download the patch that way. So I'd try downloading
>it manually instead and see whether that works.
Well I've tried both ways. Connecting to Battlenet from within the
game certainly seems to download the patch but when completed the
system hangs during what I think is the installation of the patch.
Downloading it manually gives me the same old error message, namely:

Blizzard PrePatch v2.70 compiled on Sep 9 2003
This program patches Diablo II Expansion

Log created at 11:30 am on 01/10/2005

ERROR: 'C:\Program Files\Diablo II\d2exp.mpq' does not exist
The system cannot find the file specified.

RESULT: Prepatch failed

I checked the CD#2 "The Play Disk" and found a reference to patch
number 1.09. I ran that and now Diablo II shows as version 1.09. But
no way can I run patch number 1.10


-
Peter James
Remove AT to reply

P F James
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

There are three(3) 1.09 patches, are you up to "1.09d"?

http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/PC/

Peter James wrote:

> On 9 Jan 2005 00:15:19 -0800, "phil" <google@donotcall.cjb.net> wrote:
>
>
>>The latest patch is 1.10. If you connect to battle.net (via the button
>>right below "single player"), then it'll automatically download the
>>correct patch and install it for you. Otherwise, you can download the
>>patch from http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mdt0387p and install it
>>yourself.
>>
>>The reference above to BNUpdate sounds like you are trying to connect
>>to battle.net and download the patch that way. So I'd try downloading
>>it manually instead and see whether that works.
>
> Well I've tried both ways. Connecting to Battlenet from within the
> game certainly seems to download the patch but when completed the
> system hangs during what I think is the installation of the patch.
> Downloading it manually gives me the same old error message, namely:
>
> Blizzard PrePatch v2.70 compiled on Sep 9 2003
> This program patches Diablo II Expansion
>
> Log created at 11:30 am on 01/10/2005
>
> ERROR: 'C:\Program Files\Diablo II\d2exp.mpq' does not exist
> The system cannot find the file specified.
>
> RESULT: Prepatch failed
>
> I checked the CD#2 "The Play Disk" and found a reference to patch
> number 1.09. I ran that and now Diablo II shows as version 1.09. But
> no way can I run patch number 1.10
>
>
> -
> Peter James
> Remove AT to reply
>
> P F James
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

I think it was Peter James <pfjamesAT@clara.co.uk> that wrote
something like...

>On 9 Jan 2005 00:15:19 -0800, "phil" <google@donotcall.cjb.net> wrote:
>
>>The latest patch is 1.10. If you connect to battle.net (via the button
>>right below "single player"), then it'll automatically download the
>>correct patch and install it for you. Otherwise, you can download the
>>patch from http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mdt0387p and install it
>>yourself.
>>
>>The reference above to BNUpdate sounds like you are trying to connect
>>to battle.net and download the patch that way. So I'd try downloading
>>it manually instead and see whether that works.
>Well I've tried both ways. Connecting to Battlenet from within the
>game certainly seems to download the patch but when completed the
>system hangs during what I think is the installation of the patch.
>Downloading it manually gives me the same old error message, namely:
>
>Blizzard PrePatch v2.70 compiled on Sep 9 2003
>This program patches Diablo II Expansion
>
>Log created at 11:30 am on 01/10/2005
>
>ERROR: 'C:\Program Files\Diablo II\d2exp.mpq' does not exist
>The system cannot find the file specified.
>
>RESULT: Prepatch failed
>
>I checked the CD#2 "The Play Disk" and found a reference to patch
>number 1.09. I ran that and now Diablo II shows as version 1.09. But
>no way can I run patch number 1.10

You do *have* the Lord of Destruction expansion don't you?


Ashen Shugar
--
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 18:22:30 +0100, Michael Vondung
<mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:

>For a new player who just wants to play offline, I'd probably recommend to
>stick with 1.07, 1.08 or ideally 1.09. 1.10 is more on the heavy side. But
>that's just me... my fondness of 1.10, especially in SP, isn't very
>developed. ;)
>
>M.

If he's playing a Bowazon, I'd stick with 1.04, I think it was. After
they fixed the bow bug, but before they nerfed Strafe ;-)

ald
reply via email to ald_007_1999 at yahoo dot com
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:34:13 GMT, deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen
Shugar) wrote:

>You do *have* the Lord of Destruction expansion don't you?
>
>
>Ashen Shugar

Apparently not, since as was pointed out below LoD starts at 1.07, and
he stated he started at 1.00. I think we've found the problem ;-)

ald
reply via email to ald_007_1999 at yahoo dot com
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:48:52 -0500, ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:34:13 GMT, deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen
>Shugar) wrote:
>
>>You do *have* the Lord of Destruction expansion don't you?
>>
>>
>>Ashen Shugar
>
>Apparently not, since as was pointed out below LoD starts at 1.07, and
>he stated he started at 1.00. I think we've found the problem ;-)
>
>ald
>reply via email to ald_007_1999 at yahoo dot com
I'm sorry if I've confused everybody on this NG. My defence is I'm
confused myself.
What I have is Diablo II on three CD's. Using the patch on the CD the
version number that shows when I run Daiblo II is version 1.09. I
don't play this on-line just at home by myslef. The game runs well,
doesn't crash and gives me a lot of fun playing it. So I guess that I
am now happy, and thanks for all of the help.
-
Peter James
Remove AT to reply

P F James
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:35:07 +0000, in alt.games.diablo2 Peter James
<pfjamesAT@clara.co.uk> wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:48:52 -0500, ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:34:13 GMT, deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen
>>Shugar) wrote:
>>
>>>You do *have* the Lord of Destruction expansion don't you?
>>>
>>>
>>>Ashen Shugar
>>
>>Apparently not, since as was pointed out below LoD starts at 1.07, and
>>he stated he started at 1.00. I think we've found the problem ;-)
>>
>>ald
>>reply via email to ald_007_1999 at yahoo dot com
>I'm sorry if I've confused everybody on this NG. My defence is I'm
>confused myself.
>What I have is Diablo II on three CD's. Using the patch on the CD the
>version number that shows when I run Daiblo II is version 1.09. I
>don't play this on-line just at home by myslef. The game runs well,
>doesn't crash and gives me a lot of fun playing it. So I guess that I
>am now happy, and thanks for all of the help.
>-
>Peter James
>Remove AT to reply
>
>P F James

Then the post you quoted above would describe your problem then - you're
playing "Classic" DII, DII without the LOD Expansion. You can still
install a version 1.10 patch - you can get it here:
http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=adt0387p Just make sure you dl from
one of the mirror sites listed under "[Original] (9.40 MB)"
--

Gaze


"Chalk it up to experience" is a euphemism for "Dang I f**ked up!"
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Peter James wrote:

>> I'm sorry if I've confused everybody on this NG. My defence is I'm
>> confused myself.

Then we're probably related!

maybe... lemme check... dunno...

>> What I have is Diablo II on three CD's.

*heartily* recommend getting the LOD expansion! 2 new classes, charms,
jewels, rune words, easily worth the change-over.

>> Using the patch on the CD the
>> version number that shows when I run Daiblo II is version 1.09.

The CDs themselves give you 1.07 (never heard of CDs with 1.09); you can
download patches to anything between 1.07 (no patch) to 1.10. There are
4 or 5 different 1.09 patches.


>> I don't play this on-line just at home by myslef. The game runs well,
>> doesn't crash and gives me a lot of fun playing it. So I guess that I
>> am now happy, and thanks for all of the help.

*heartily* recommend grabbing ATMA, to allow muling between two of your
characters, and to allow saving/banking items nobody needs (now).


--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper
 

Similar threads


ASK THE COMMUNITY