Problems with SSD

Sneakz

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
Hello, I have this Samsung 840 Pro SSD that I had purchased a while ago and it had stopped working, I'm not sure what I was doing at the time for this to have happened, so I thought it was dead and reverted back to my HDD. Anyways, recently i tried to see if the SSD was really dead or not and fiddling around with the boot order my working HDD gave the same error as the SSD had at the time, which was 'reboot or select proper boot device' even tho my HDD was selected as my #1 priority when booting. Also there's this option for UEFI Hard Disk Drive Windows Boot Manager that was there that I don't remember seeing before. So I restored to default settings thinking I screwed something up and it works again even though it took like several minutes to get to the login screen which it had never done before. So with HDD working and having the 'Dead' SSD plugged in as well, I can see it in disk management as Disk 1 unkown not initialized. I'm pretty sure this is the SSD even though it doesn't say Samsung SSD or anything because my HDD is Disk 0 and the only other thing that is plugged in is my SSD.

How come I can see this in Disk Management and not in the BIOS?
Is there some way I can retrieve my data that was on my SSD?
If I do initialize to GPT will my SSD be recognized and work?

sorry for the long text, I'm just really curious and would like to get my data back if possible without having to pay for some service.

try and see if samsung software see the drive. if it can google to see if it a firmware bug that may have bricked the drive. with ssd if they hit there end of life most times there a set amount of power up to pull the data off the drive before it locks itself out. if the drive controler or one of the ssd chips have gone bad then the data may be lost for good.

Sneakz

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

I downloaded samsung magician and it does not recognize my SSD. It comes up as unknown in device manager and again in disk management.

P.S. I restarted my comp with only the SSD plugged in and a USB in hope that I can somehow repair windows but that also does not work as it doesn't even show up in BIOS. Also, my HDD is consistently taking several minutes to for me to be able to login which hasn't happened before, any way to fix this?

Sneakz

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

zWGnDcAcSZSRZ8zmU7incQ.png

Sneakz

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

Well if I initialize it then won't all the data be erased?
Is there any other method to help retrieve some data before initializing?

also, how can I stop my pc from taking several minutes to boot... its not because I use a HDD, it only recently started taking this long.