problems with windows instalation ?

YouMaCry

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
hi all,
i have a very strange problem with my hybrid hdd . i cant install windows 8.1 to it install crash every time. windows 10 install works just fine. i tryed several different iso files . boot files are made with rufus. any sudgestion how to fix it?
tryed with 2 diferent loptops lenovo y50 and pacard bell ts11hr

YouMaCry

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
the problem is when i install hdd to lenovo y50-70 i can not format hdd it do not allow me to get access to format ir. when it is installed in my old Packard bell i can format it and install windwows with no problem but if i install windows with Packard bell after transferring hdd to lenovo y50 windows partition is not recognizes by system and i am unable to load windows.
BTW my hdd is wd10spcx-24hwst1 wd blue hybrid.
instalation is made by USB (lenovo y50-70 have no dvd drive)

YouMaCry

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

i can format hdd only in pacard bell. lenovo do not give option to format it.

YouMaCry

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

with windows 8 error 0x80070570
with windows 10 no error
for both i use same usb stick

afer dowloading some 2013 windows 8 build iso file i can install windows 8 (pacard bell) but the windows are not recognized when hdd is put to lenovo y50.

BTW when i try to install windows to standard hdd it works fine with lenpvo y50 no problems with installation.

USAFRet

Titan

If you install the OS in the Packard Bell, and then move that drive to the Lenovo...yes, it will probably fail.
You need to put the drive in the Lenovo, boot from your install media, then install the OS.

Super Deluxe

Reputable
Feb 27, 2015
@Youmaycry
This is a little complicated method to try.First create bootable pendrive from iso or dvd.Then create backups of important files and then format d: e: and all drives endind with c:.Then your laptop should power cut.Now..insert your bootable drive or dvd..and then install..But before installing you need to create partitions using diskpart..
It will work if done correctly.All the best.

YouMaCry

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

the hdd is new and there are no files . i want to do full clean install.

disk part do not work after several minutes of formating it just says that " no hdd found" but bios recognizes hdd

YouMaCry

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

before i never had any problems with swaping hdd with preinstalled windows to other loptop and loading windows

YouMaCry

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

possible, but i have no problem installing windows from usb made with rufus on my other hdd's
just finished trying winusb . it has no effect still unable to install windows on lenovo y50

YouMaCry

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

the problem is i can create partition when hdd is installed in my pacard bell . but when i swap it to my lenovo hdd partitioning 100% of the time end in failure.(hybrid hdd)

i can format and make partition if i use my hybrid hdd if connected to lenovo y50 as external hdd

YouMaCry

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

i am unable to boot for usb when my hybrid hdd is installed

YouMaCry

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

problem is that with hybrid hdd installed on lenovo y50 windows installation is impossible i get error that the system is unable to format/make partitions for installation. but i get no error if i install same hybrid hdd to other laptop and try to install windows

YouMaCry

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

yes it is but after boot loader loads files it gives an error that system is unabe to install windows on partition.(using same usb and same iso i have no problem installing windows on same hdd in other loptop).
if i connect my old hdd i can install windows on lenovo y 50 with no problem

USAFRet

Titan

In the Lenovo, are you booting from the USB stick?

YouMaCry

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

yes

USAFRet

Titan

OK, and then what happens?
You get into the Windows install routine, and......