problems

Hi there, I am a new user of diablo II and I cannot play this game, in
fact.The problem is that after i installed the game it wouldn't start at
all. I have a deskop PC with a 233 Intel pentium inside,64 Mb ram, video
card (S3 trio) wich supports direct draw only.After I have read the game
requirements I thought it would be ok, but not. So I have installed the
game, not the full version, then I inserted the play Cd and I wanted to
start the game but...the screen turned into black and the PC didn't want to
respond to any commands.Can you give me a piece of advice please?Thank you!

"Radu Matei via GamesKB.com" <forum@nospam.GamesKB.com> skrev i
meddelelsen news:6a73780db88e41dfbcb9d4480848f7ce@GamesKB.com:

> the PC didn't want to respond to any commands.Can you give me a piece
> of advice please?Thank you!

Which operating system / Windows version?

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

"Radu Matei via GamesKB.com" <forum@nospam.GamesKB.com> wrote in

> Hi there, I am a new user of diablo II and I cannot play this game,
> in
> fact.The problem is that after i installed the game it wouldn't start
> at all. I have a deskop PC with a 233 Intel pentium inside,64 Mb ram,
> video card (S3 trio) wich supports direct draw only.After I have read

If Diablo 2 runs on that system it's going to run poorly. I'm not sure
your system will meet minimum spec but it might, but D2 gets pretty
choppy when a lot of stuff is going on even on a 850mhz PC.

> the game requirements I thought it would be ok, but not. So I have
> installed the game, not the full version,

What do you mean "not the full version?"

> then I inserted the play Cd
> and I wanted to start the game but...the screen turned into black and
> the PC didn't want to respond to any commands.Can you give me a piece
> of advice please?Thank you!

There may be a way to force Diablo II to go into software rendering only
(not using Direct 3D), but I don't know off the top of my head how to
force it to do this. I suggest using Google and search for "daiablo 2
software rendering" and see if it turns up any clues.

Also I suggest you patch up to the latest patch, you can do this even if
the game isn't running by downloading the patch as a standalone file and
then patching it.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.