Apr 28, 2020
Guys I am seriously frustrated and seems like I need your help to make a decision. Please see the below things and suggest me a worth budget. The cheapest ones you see is my comfortable budget. But if it is really worth it, I can move some money around. It will be harder so that's why I need your suggestion. Are those really worth it for the upcoming years. I understand the higher you go, performance will go higher too. CONCERN: Need to be future-proof as best as possible with using as little as possible .... financial wise. Need to find the right sweet little spot. I can't upgrade for next few years.

Processors:
P1. i7-9700k
P2. 3700x
P3. 3800x
P4. 3600x

Motherboards:
M1. Highest for intel: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro.
M2. Highest for AMD: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
M3. B450 Tomahawk Max ( I have no concern for Ryzen 4000 upgrade, as I am not upgrading anything else for a few years)

GPU:
G1. Sapphire Pulse Radeon 5700 XT 8 GB GDDR6
G2. 2070 Super

Again, this includes my lowest (Comfortable) and highest budget (The more we go higher, the more the credit card debt increases) xD. With taxes and price gouging, it costs about $1700.00 USD in my country. To compare, Think of $1200.00 budget to build.
Anyway, Every upgrade really needs to be worth it for the future. I need this config to survive as much as possible in the future.
I know it's hard, I hope you guys help me out. Thanks guys.

Solution
If you chose an X570 and an R5-3600, you would at least have the option of considering tossing in some sort of 8-12 core 4000-series CPU as an upgrade 3 years down the road...(the B450 path does save $60-$80, however, but makes it a certainty that there will be no 4000 CPU upgrade option, meaning that for sure, a new CPU in the future means a new $150-$225 mainboard as well..... This may not be catastrophic anyway, as It is rumored 5000-series CPUs will be DDR5...)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD65w5RVmtY&t=2s

The RX5700XT is an excellent card...; look at the Hardware Unboxed series of reviews/comparisons on Youtube to see them compared...
View...
If you chose an X570 and an R5-3600, you would at least have the option of considering tossing in some sort of 8-12 core 4000-series CPU as an upgrade 3 years down the road...(the B450 path does save $60-$80, however, but makes it a certainty that there will be no 4000 CPU upgrade option, meaning that for sure, a new CPU in the future means a new $150-$225 mainboard as well..... This may not be catastrophic anyway, as It is rumored 5000-series CPUs will be DDR5...)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD65w5RVmtY&t=2s

The RX5700XT is an excellent card...; look at the Hardware Unboxed series of reviews/comparisons on Youtube to see them compared...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK_Ue4d9CpE

Last edited:
Solution
Apr 28, 2020
I thought about thr processor too. But after 3 years I just thought amd might announce a 5000 series. Then all this would be for nothing.

I exploited every youtube video there ever is. 5700 xt performs well, I know. Bt for some reasons most of the users I have seen don't trust amd. They choose Nvidia undoubtedly. I thought there might be some user experience i might have been missing.

TRENDING THREADS