Question Processor/Motherboard compatibility questions?

Thomas-98

Reputable
Jul 7, 2017
Hey I am a little confused as of weather the MSI H310M PRO-VDH PLUS is compatible with the i5-9400f. The reason for this is because I went on the cpu support list https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H310M-PRO-VDH-PLUS#support-cpu for the MSI-H310M PRO-VDH PLUS, and there are three steppings or revisions of the i5-9400f for this motherboard which are P0, R0, and U0. The P0 and U0 are both compatible with bios version 7C09V10 which is the first bios release for this motherboard, but R0 is compatible with bios version 7C09v12.

So my first question is how am I supposed to know what stepping or revision the i5-9400f is supposed to come with? My second question is that how can I tell what bios version motherboards come with because I have no idea? Is it safe to assume that motherboards come with the first bios release? PLEASE HELP! I am confused. Thank you.

Jun 10, 2020
Hey I am a little confused as of weather the MSI H310M PRO-VDH PLUS is compatible with the i5-9400f. The reason for this is because I went on the cpu support list https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H310M-PRO-VDH-PLUS#support-cpu for the MSI-H310M PRO-VDH PLUS, and there are three steppings or revisions of the i5-9400f for this motherboard which are P0, R0, and U0. The P0 and U0 are both compatible with bios version 7C09V10 which is the first bios release for this motherboard, but R0 is compatible with bios version 7C09v12.

So my first question is how am I supposed to know what stepping or revision the i5-9400f is supposed to come with? My second question is that how can I tell what bios version motherboards come with because I have no idea? Is it safe to assume that motherboards come with the first bios release? PLEASE HELP! I am confused. Thank you.
pretty sure motherboards always come with their first bios. my gigabyte vision g came with bios f3 wchich is the first version of the bios and its not even on the site.
are you buying parts from a local store?
if so, and if its a good shop, asj the people there as im sure they will be more then happy to help you and they will for sure know what you shout do.