Product key invalid

Aug 21, 2018
I typed in the product key on my laptop and checked it over again and again, i then hit next and after a few moments it gave me an alert that said "product key invalid please type again" i checked the product key on the back of the computer and typed it again and it gave me the same alert, and ik its right cause, i kept on checking the key many times, i restarted my computer many times before that cause, i kept on messing it up and didnt know what to do, im not good at tech stuff, so i would love to get an answer to this problem,thanks-me

Solution
What version of Windows did you install and what version of Windows is listed on the product key label? It's possible you may have installed a different type of the same version of Windows. For example, if you have a Windows 7 home product key and you install Windows 7 Pro, the key isn't going to work. Same for other versions of Windows as well.

If it was a Windows 7 product key, and somebody upgraded it to Windows 8.1 or 10, you may need to contact Microsoft in order to validate the installation. If it was upgraded to Windows 10 and you are trying to roll back to Windows 7, you might be out of luck, but can contact Microsoft to try and validate a roll back as well.
What version of Windows did you install and what version of Windows is listed on the product key label? It's possible you may have installed a different type of the same version of Windows. For example, if you have a Windows 7 home product key and you install Windows 7 Pro, the key isn't going to work. Same for other versions of Windows as well.

If it was a Windows 7 product key, and somebody upgraded it to Windows 8.1 or 10, you may need to contact Microsoft in order to validate the installation. If it was upgraded to Windows 10 and you are trying to roll back to Windows 7, you might be out of luck, but can contact Microsoft to try and validate a roll back as well.

Solution
Aug 21, 2018

Aug 21, 2018
Thanks for your patience, i followed what you said about it might not being the right key, and got a new key thanks for your information about it. It helped greatly! It turns out the key was changed with by the last owner.