carmopizza

Honorable
Sep 1, 2017
Are there any LED strips that I can hang around my room that I can buy on Amazon and can control with my PC without an Arduino? I can't seem to find anything on Amazon.

Solution
I know it’s expensive but I’d look at the Philips Hue products. Although I have Corsair LS100 strips behind my monitor and under my glass monitor stand that sync to the monitor the best thing I did was adding a Hue colour bulb and bridge to room. You can setup the Hue Sync and the bulb will adjust itself to the dominant colour of what is on you monitor. This really adds something to the gaming experience to make it more immersive, way better than the LS100 LED strips I have.
that "addressable" is called on PC led strips, which are usualy small strips without controller
if u want home version of addressable strips then it goes by different name (rainbow LED lightstrip)
they are much longer than PC edition, have mostly controller+power supply included, have remote control included and can have smart features aswell (to use it with phone app)
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rainbow+LED+lightstrip&ref=nb_sb_noss

Reactions: carmopizza
I know it’s expensive but I’d look at the Philips Hue products. Although I have Corsair LS100 strips behind my monitor and under my glass monitor stand that sync to the monitor the best thing I did was adding a Hue colour bulb and bridge to room. You can setup the Hue Sync and the bulb will adjust itself to the dominant colour of what is on you monitor. This really adds something to the gaming experience to make it more immersive, way better than the LS100 LED strips I have.

Reactions: carmopizza
Solution

carmopizza

Honorable
Sep 1, 2017
that "addressable" is called on PC led strips, which are usualy small strips without controller
if u want home version of addressable strips then it goes by different name (rainbow LED lightstrip)
they are much longer than PC edition, have mostly controller+power supply included, have remote control included and can have smart features aswell (to use it with phone app)
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rainbow+LED+lightstrip&ref=nb_sb_noss
Yeah I'm looking for rainbow strips that I can hang around my room, but that I can program and change with my computer. From what I'm seeing, they don't exist.

carmopizza

Honorable
Sep 1, 2017
Wow those are pricey. So far that's my only option.

TRENDING THREADS