[SOLVED] Programs in standard user accounts?

ninja883

Commendable
May 17, 2018
Hi
On my desktop PC that runs on Windows 10 Pro, I have two accounts: an administrator and the other a standard account. Today, I noticed that μTorrent, which is installed in the admin, is absent in the standard one. I tried installing it in the latter, provided my PIN and finished everything but still, there's no trace of it. I also tried reinstalling the one in the admin but ended up with the same result.
Any idea how to handle this?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Last I checked, uTorrent and BitTorrent install themselves into the appdata folder of the user that installed it.
If there is no desktop icon it may still be installed, just type in the name in windows search.

I recommend against either program though due to them not really working all that well and being filled with ads.
qBittorrent is open source, free, and doesn't do ad crap and functions the same with an almost similar look and feel.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Last I checked, uTorrent and BitTorrent install themselves into the appdata folder of the user that installed it.
If there is no desktop icon it may still be installed, just type in the name in windows search.

I recommend against either program though due to them not really working all that well and being filled with ads.
qBittorrent is open source, free, and doesn't do ad crap and functions the same with an almost similar look and feel.

Solution

ninja883

Commendable
May 17, 2018
I

I did try typing the name in Windows search; it never worked BUT, I haven't checked the AppData folder. And by the way, the ads in μTorrent are removable without having to buy the pro version. Just look it up.